Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia?
New York City 97 36.33%
Los Angeles 67 25.09%
Chicago 84 31.46%
Miami 55 20.60%
Philadelphia 51 19.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
Hmm...I'm not really sure what the difference is between UA's (Urbanized Areas - used here by the OP) and MSA's (Metropolitan Statistical Areas) but they do produce significantly different lists. I would guess that there are areas included in the MSA total that aren't considered "urbanized", and thus don't get added into the UA list totals. i.e. Dallas must have a lot of non-urban area within its MSA boundaries whereas Miami does not.

Yep. Say what you want about ol' Richie Daley but they did a heck of a lot of greening up that town under his watch.
Exactly. South Florida is pretty much non-stop development I-95 from Jupiter FL all the way down to Homestead. That's about 75miles and 5.5million people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM

224 posts, read 347,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Ummm Philly is a 45 minute to hour drive from Princeton. I should know my Uncle is a teacher there. For someone who lives all the way on the other side of the country, you sure claim yo know alot about the northeast area. Although judging from your posts you clearly now absolutely NOTHING.
whoaaa whoa whoa now.

pause.

driving?

mass transit, anti-california/anti-southern sprawl philadelphia is now all about the automobile? northeasterners lord how superior they are due to everything being a just a hop, skip, and a jump away away via mass transit, but let's ignore the train thingy out of convenience.

princeton students don't drive. philadelphia is well over 2 hours by train from princeton. fact. there is a reason why princeton is closer to new york via mass transit, despite being allegedly further by ten miles. again, most princeton students do not drive. for every 1 student that ventures into philadelphia, i'd guess about 20 venture into new york. why? because priceton is more connected to new york. because princeton is in the new york metro.

goodnight.

Last edited by balmain; 08-19-2011 at 08:06 PM..

Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM

635 posts, read 1,541,099 times
Education. Let's see which one of us can best represent our respective city, and not look like idiots doing so.

Just kidding, we're pulling out of that discussion . What about lifestyle. Which city is the most enjoyable/livable.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:01 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,662,717 times
You defy logic, guess you are a troll. Philly to Princeton = 34 minutes by train. Fact. What's you problem, troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah5 View Post
whoaaa whoa whoa now.

pause.

driving?

mass transit, anti-california/anti-southern sprawl philadelphia is now all about the automobile?

philadelphia is well over 2 hours by train from princeton. fact. there is a reason why princeton is closer to new york via mass transit, despite being allegedly further by ten miles. if you weren't aware, most princeton students DO NOT drive. for ever 1 student that ventures into philadelphia, i'd guess about 20 venture into new york. why? because priceton is more connected to new york. because princeton is in the new york metro.

goodnight.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:02 PM

38 posts, read 141,885 times
Philadelphia is gross and not diverse.
95% of areas there are all white and 5% are all black.
New York is obviously the best because Queens is the most diverse place in the world and it has much more to do than little boring Philadelphia.
Here's my order
1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. Chicago
Can't even put on gross horrible Philadelphia

Old 08-19-2011, 08:04 PM

38 posts, read 141,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
Center City Philly to Manhattan by Acela = 72 minutes, by Northeast regional, 85 minutes. Hmm, Philly to Manhattan takes less time by train than Princeton to Manhattan. I guess Penn is better integrated into Manhattan than Princeton is. Why not count Penn as a NYC school. I forgot, 'cuz the U.S. Govt. said so. lol.
I attend Princeton so don't even start! Princeton is part of the NYC Metropolitan area and I live right near Princeton and Midtown Manhatttan is closer than Ghetto City Philadelphia.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:05 PM

635 posts, read 1,541,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsupak View Post
New York is obviously the best because Queens is the most diverse place in the world and it has much more to do than little boring Philadelphia.
Here's my order
1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. Chicago
We really shouldn't be bashing. Instead we should be using hard facts and general knowledge to prove which city ranks the highest in each respective category.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:05 PM

Isn't it past bedtime? Mommy's gonna spank you if she catches you.

I was born in Queens. You want to tell me about the place?

Quote:
Here's my order
1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. Chicago

Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 PM

OMG that was SO Jersey!!! OMG!!!

Quote:
I attend Princeton so don't even start! Princeton is part of the NYC Metropolitan area and I live right near Princeton and Midtown Manhatttan is closer than Ghetto City Philadelphia.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
What's up with all the anti-Philly sentiment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City