Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM

221 posts, read 484,642 times

Advertisements

None of you have answered my question. When and how are "we" (City-Data posters) going to become mega millionaires? When/how are we going to get 30 million dollars in our bank accounts (legally, and without winning the lottery)? I don't know about you guys, but I would enjoy 30 million dollars much much more if it was in my own pocket, rather than someone else's. That's just me, I guess. My point is, if I'm so facinated with money and the idea of having millions and millions of dollars, than I must find a way (albeit, legal/healthy and without winning the lottery) to make millions and millions of dollars so I can have what I truely desire, instead of desiring other people's wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
In the real world, the traffic flow between NY and Philadelphia is relatively small. You already know that based on the conversation we had in the other thread regarding highway lanes, remember?

Im surprised that you want to revisit this already well hashed out topic.
I am talking UA (so Philly/Mercer/NY, you are the one that pointed out the highway lanes east and west of Mercer but remember Mercer is the center of the UA connection and the topic being discussed) and the flow was what 700K per day excluding side streets, county routes etc not to mention rail options. So 500K unique people (at worst) cross these borders everyday (that is like what 60% the population of SF the city), not insignificant nor small. If that is small I would imagine the similar numbers for the SF/SJ crossing from the same discussion are insignificant by your standard?

Oh maybe once again some montclair delusional explanation to play on both sides of the fence

Image will ge a but but but as a percentage of the area is it smaller when compared to the bay (NS) but my point is on the connection. We all know there are far more people in this area and is far more vast, that is given I would suspect even you cant deny.

also these MSAs are so condensed people cross through the NMercer MSA to the NY MSA as commuters but again a real world concept you will fail to grasp

But as usual you sure do like to make your little snarky comments as though they are true or embedded in reality with your many times highly selctive comments and fence side slip slopping, sometimes in the same posts

Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanAA View Post
None of you have answered my question. When and how are "we" (City-Data posters) going to become mega millionaires? When/how are we going to get 30 million dollars in our bank accounts (legally, and without winning the lottery)? I don't know about you guys, but I would enjoy 30 million dollars much much more if it was in my own pocket, rather than someone else's. That's just me, I guess. My point is, if I'm so facinated with money and the idea of having millions and millions of dollars, than I must find a way (albeit, legal/healthy and without winning the lottery) to make millions and millions of dollars so I can have what I truely desire, instead of desiring other people's wealth.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Why do some posters only promote Philly by its proximity to places?

I wonder if the tourism board there do that to.
"come to Philadelphia. We are just a hop skip and jump from the good cities"
" We don't have many super rich residents, but the cities all around us are rich"

Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I am talking UA (so Philly/Mercer/NY, you are the one that pointed out the highway lanes
No no, you brought up 'traffic'.

And traffic between NY the NY MSA and Philadephia is very small.

As far as UA to UA, its still mainly Philadelphia and Trenton much more than Philadelphia and New York.

BUT....I do get your point.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
No no, you brought up 'traffic'.

And traffic between NY the NY MSA and Philadephia is very small.

As far as UA to UA, its still mainly Philadelphia and Trenton much more than Philadelphia and New York.

BUT....I do get your point.

EXACTELY Montclair - more of your same crap in moving from the issue at hand. Wasnt this about UA. Why do you keep bringing back in MSAs, of your point doesnt work when UAs ar in the mix (and as you know from the same thread Mercer has already eclipsed MSA sommuter rates with the NYC MSA so either way your point is pretty dumb, actually diminishes the real world aspects

And also the main traffic routes go through mercer to either Philly or NYC. You can read a map WTF, like that is some dramtic insight and has ZERO to do with the points nor connectiveness at the UA cut line which is the actual discussion here in the first place. but you know this and throw out crap like this thinking it makes sense when in actuality those lines (philly to NYC MSA) only add to the UA connectiveness not detract

And on your Philly to trenton, well actually the connection I am discussing are

NYC to Mercer
Philly to Mercer
MYC to Philly

ALL are part of the topic at hand, not one or the other, they are collective here

Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
well then please describe how they are not 100% connected. A reality exercise not a line on a map. There is no break in the development. I am not talking about county alignment but actual development - the real world. But that side of fence works well when need I suppose
Not talking about how they are or are not connected, you can duke it out with Montclair on that one .
They are separate msa's separate csa's separate urban areas. This urban agglomeration thing I dont know what to make of yet. Theres been talk for years about these megapolitan definitions for SoCal, LA to SD.....Bay Area to Sacramento/Stockton......Chicago Milwaukee and so on.
Philly is already a part Bos-Wash, so what are you arguing exactly? That Philly should be a suburb of NYC? Or junior city like FtWorth or St Paul?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
EXACTELY Montclair - more of your same crap in moving from the issue at hand. Wasnt this about UA. Why do you keep bringing back in MSAs, of your point doesnt work when UAs ar in the mix (and as you know from the same thread Mercer has already eclipsed MSA sommuter rates with the NYC MSA so either way your point is pretty dumb, actually diminishes the real world aspects

And also the main traffic routes go through mercer to either Philly or NYC. You can read a map WTF, like that is some dramtic insight and has ZERO to do with the points nor connectiveness at the UA cut line which is the actual discussion here in the first place. but you know this and throw out crap like this thinking it makes sense when in actuality those lines (philly to NYC MSA) only add to the UA connectiveness not detract

And on your Philly to trenton, well actually the connection I am discussing are

NYC to Mercer
Philly to Mercer
MYC to Philly

ALL are part of the topic at hand, not one or the other, they are collective here
Hahahaha....way to be conciliatory.

Fantasy and wet dreams aside, Philadelphia and New York have NOT been combined as a single UA yet, its an idea that has been discussed and reported.

For the time being, the honor of(offically) becoming New York's lap dog still eludes you.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Not talking about how they are or are not connected, you can duke it out with Montclair on that one .
They are separate msa's separate csa's separate urban areas. This urban agglomeration thing I dont know what to make of yet. Theres been talk for years about these megapolitan definitions for SoCal, LA to SD.....Bay Area to Sacramento/Stockton......Chicago Milwaukee and so on.
Philly is already a part Bos-Wash, so what are you arguing exactly? That Philly should be a suburb of NYC? Or junior city like FtWorth or St Paul?
Nope not at all, point is if you look at the developed and urbanized space there are over 30 million all connected within this between CT and DE. And have said a million times that at either end of the area are two cities with extremely strong identities. And St Paul or Ft Worth really Slo. Philly alone is larger than the whole Minneapolis Metro by a large margin and basically the size of the whole DFW metro which includes your so called junior city. With that said SF must be even more jr at the MSA level as Philly is nearly 45% larger when comparing MSAs.

The BosWash corrider has a UA developed gap in MD between Philly and Baltimore and upper CT between CT burbs of NYC and PVD or the Boston UA

To suggest the development is somhow broken between NYC and Philly is kind of ill informed

Chicago and Milwaukee or LA and SD do not have the same connection as per the quantifications by the Census. SF and SJ were shown to be absolutely connected by the same study but did not include Sacramento with a large gap in development

Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Hahahaha....way to be conciliatory.

Fantasy and wet dreams aside, Philadelphia and New York have NOT been combined as a single UA yet, its an idea that has been discussed and reported.

For the time being, the honor of(offically) becoming New York's lap dog still eludes you.
So you are saying the developed space that is UA is not connected or that the imiginary NON real world line somehow makes the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City