Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,247,925 times

Advertisements

Some dt Seattle upscale stores include Nordstrom which has a small Chanel boutique inside, Barney's, Gucci, L Vitton, St. John, Omega, Tiffany's, Butch Blum, Marios, Luly Yang Couture just to name a few.

I also like:

Americana Manhasset
Highland Park Village Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I'm thinking Dallas has to be in this discussion, can't pinpoint exactly where (I'm sure a local will chime in) but I remember seeing an abundance of high end shopping when I was there.

Boston does well in areas like Newbury Street, Copley Place/Back Bay, and Chesnut Hill. There you'll find Neimans, Armani, Saks and everything in between.

Downtown Seattle has good shopping with a flagship Nordstrom store, Tiffanys, and some upscale stores at Pacific Place. Across the lake downtown Bellevue also has a good number of upscale stores and that's where you'll find Neimans, AX, etc.

Waikiki and Honolulu has some impressive shopping, particularly at Ala Moana they got Emporio Armani, Burberyy, Balenciaga, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.

Scottsdale, AZ also has the usual assortment of high end shopping along with some independent boutiques and galleries in Old Town.
Scottsdale Shopping is spread out a little: Scottsdale, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main places:

Scottsdale Fashion Square - Scottsdale Fashion Square - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kierland Commons - Kierland Commons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Biltmore Fashion Park (PHX) - Biltmore Fashion Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scottsdale Quarter - Shop Scottsdale Quarter, Restaurants Scottsdale, Shopping Arizona

Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,972,199 times
Well aside from the three that were taken out in the original post: New York, Los Angeles, & Chicago. I have to say the Sunbelt cities hold this fortress off so well. Shopping & fashion that is extremely prevalent in the Sunbelt more so & as an inclusion I would add in Boston & Washington to it too.

I personally would say Miami & Las Vegas up next, then Bay Area & Dallas, afterwards in this group Boston, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, Washington, & San Diego. I'm actually surprised San Diego hasn't been mentioned at all yet.

I haven't been to Seattle but I would expect it to be in that group.

From my personal experience of where I've seen the largest concentration of high end stores & at more recurring frequency.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Yes it's spread out, like Phoenix and most Southwestern cities. Though Scottsdale is pretty walkable along Scottsdale Rd. around Fashion Square and Old Town. It's nice around there as they have the usual high end shopping one would expect to find in an upscale mall and the boutiques, galleries, and restaurants around Old Town. It's a got a good atmosphere.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,936 times
Here's my list in order.

Top Teir
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Las Vegas

Second Tier
Chicago
Dallas
San Francisco

Third Tier
Boston
Washington
Atlanta
Houston

Fourth Tier
Phoenix
San Diego
Philadelphia
Detroit
Orlando

Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,972,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Here's my list in order.

Top Teir
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Las Vegas

Second Tier
Chicago
Dallas
San Francisco

Third Tier
Boston
Washington
Atlanta
Houston

Fourth Tier
Phoenix
San Diego
Philadelphia
Detroit
Orlando
Overall, perfect list.

I'd throw Seattle in there somewhere. Probably either third or fourth tier.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,320,592 times
Quote:
Here's my list in order.

Top Teir
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Las Vegas

Second Tier
Chicago
Dallas
San Francisco

Third Tier
Boston
Washington
Atlanta
Houston

Fourth Tier
Phoenix
San Diego
Philadelphia
Detroit
Orlando
I dunno I would put Las Vegas in second tier to be honest. The rest looks good!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,707,996 times
Denver's Cherry Creek is a nice upscale district.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,363,210 times
Quote:
Here's my list in order.

Top Teir
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Las Vegas

Second Tier
Chicago
Dallas
San Francisco

Third Tier
Boston
Washington
Atlanta
Houston

Fourth Tier
Phoenix
San Diego
Philadelphia
Detroit
Orlando

Sorry, the Mag Mile in Chicago is definitely not second tier.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,858,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Yeah, they have 3 or 4 locations in Manhattan and 1 in Jersey. Their advertising has been all over the place for a few years now. I wonder what they spend.
You can't believe my surprise when the first time I came back from Japan, I was walking around SoHo and see Uniqlo.

I wouldn't consider it upscale, though. It's kind of H&M-level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City