Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,961,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well that's certainly conceivable because according to reports online they are planning to expand to 20-30 US stores but so far they have 3 stores in Manhattan, 1 in Paramus and 1 in San Francisco.

Yeah they seem to be expanding. Just actually heard this afternoon two new locales in the Philly area - One DT and one in KOP at the mall. Though not a formal announcement - hear that wont be till later this month so who knows but I guess with Paramus they are already in malls so could make sense and they are already advertising in the area

Havent been. I am still wanting a Century 21 more in Philly especially with Daffys going belly up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,964,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
I'm not sure if SoFL has more, but I'd be more inclined to say it does too myself just because of it's destination for tourist.

However, I know you don't believe that any one district in Miami can go toe to toe with the Magnificent Mile, do you?
The thread asked what are the most upscale. It didn't necessarily ask which one was the largest. In terms of upscale offerings, I'm sure Worth Ave can go toe-to-toe with Mag Mile.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:36 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,828,114 times
Seattle has a Zara planed for Westlake Center when they remodel it so it will be the high fashion off price with Nordstrom Rack and Zara as anchors. Pacific Place Is the high end With Barneys and Nordstrom as Anchors. And Uniqlo is looking for space also in Seattle but dont know who they are. Im more excited about the new Zaras at 31,000 square ft it will be on of the largest in the U.S. I would consider Seattle tier 2 or 3 for its downtown . Not for quality but for quanity The only upscale department stores downtown are Macys and Nordstrom and a Smaller Barneys no Saks or Bloomingdales downtown. Even though the Nordstrom is the largest in the chain and the flagship for the company I would think to be tier 1 or 2 a city would have to represent all the high end department stores. Seattle is very diverse with lots of retail Downtown A mix of High end and Middle ground retail .

Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM

36,665 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The thread asked what are the most upscale.
Yes, the most upscale districts.

Im definitely inclined to say the Miami Metro is higher overall as far as the concentration of high end retailers tho, only this is about specific districts.

Quote:
It didn't necessarily ask which one was the largest. In terms of upscale offerings, I'm sure Worth Ave can go toe-to-toe with Mag Mile.
Well, Worth Ave is very nice and extremely upscale, but if I recall correctly the retail strip there is only 3-blocks long, on the other hand the link below counts 200+ stores on the Mag Mile:

List of retailers on the Magnificent Mile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,964,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, the most upscale districts.

Im definitely inclined to say the Miami Metro is higher overall as far as the concentration of high end retailers tho, only this is about specific districts.

Well, Worth Ave is very nice and extremely upscale, but if I recall correctly the retail strip there is only 3-blocks long, on the other hand the link below counts 200+ stores on the Mag Mile:

List of retailers on the Magnificent Mile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But it's 200+ of regular anchors mixed-in with upscale anchors. It's not 200+ of non-stop upscale. It's just a really large shopping district with some very upscale/exclusive stores mixed-in.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,587,638 times
Paramus & Hackensack, NJ (suburbs of NYC) hands down! 5 major malls + bunch of off-highway stores in two small towns. Makes top annual in retail despite being closed on Sundays.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,815,223 times
Las Vegas is way up there. The strip is in fact a continuous shopping district with various interior malls along the way to get inside. Every fancy brand. A Ferrari dealer. Virtually any specialty shop you can think of. Well over a thousand all together. Certainly larger, and richer, than Beverly HIlls or similar.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,657,384 times
Worth Ave on Palm Beach is pretty fab.
Palm Beach Gardens Mall is pretty upscale but not nearly as charming as Worth Ave.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,140,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Yeah they seem to be expanding. Just actually heard this afternoon two new locales in the Philly area - One DT and one in KOP at the mall. Though not a formal announcement - hear that wont be till later this month so who knows but I guess with Paramus they are already in malls so could make sense and they are already advertising in the area

Havent been. I am still wanting a Century 21 more in Philly especially with Daffys going belly up
We do all understand that Uniqlo is a Japanese Gap, right? It's hardly "upscale," so I am not sure why we are going on about it here. I like it, but the zippers on jackets and hoodies are all on the wrong side, which is a deal-breaker for me.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 PM

37,189 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
We do all understand that Uniqlo is a Japanese Gap, right? It's hardly "upscale," so I am not sure why we are going on about it here. I like it, but the zippers on jackets and hoodies are all on the wrong side, which is a deal-breaker for me.
Meh, I think it looks better than the Gap. I also like how much emphasis they put in trying to apply different technologies to their clothing.

Like, you know, Lawson is just a Japanese 7-11, but it's just so much more awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City