Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Dallas which city do you prefer?
Seattle 259 67.98%
Dallas 122 32.02%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times

Advertisements

These cities seem to have nothing in common other than the fact they are both large US metros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:24 PM

515 posts, read 558,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Ok when I lived in the Seattle area, I fired up my BBQ year round. I had a covered patio
I imagine you can ride a motorcycle year round, perhaps a bit more dangerous in the rain, but if you observe common sense, I don't see why this is not possible.
As far as getting a Tan...Ok there is more sun (which I detest) in Texas. You can get a tan 362 days a year in a salon as long as you take Xmas off and TG.

A list of what you can do in Seattle vs Dallas is got to be miles long. By the way, I live in near Phoenix AZ so I have no bias.
Seattle is nice, I just like to mess with the homers. Passed up a job offer there last month, I just don't care for the Pacific northwest much, I like the hot summers and don't care for the ocean climate (except for San Diego). Dallas, and mostly Texas just fits well for the stuff I like to do, riding(motorcycle) being a priority. Riding in the rain can be done, cautiously, but it just sucks...
As far as tanning in a solon? The UV lighting only makes for a weird and fake-looking color (also harmful).

natural sun = tan
tanning salon = orange

Dude, you should know this if you live in Arizona.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
Seattle is nice, I just like to mess with the homers. Passed up a job offer there last month, I just don't care for the Pacific northwest much, I like the hot summers and don't care for the ocean climate (except for San Diego). Dallas, and mostly Texas just fits well for the stuff I like to do, riding(motorcycle) being a priority. Riding in the rain can be done, cautiously, but it just sucks...
As far as tanning in a solon? The UV lighting only makes for a weird and fake-looking color (also harmful).

natural sun = tan
tanning salon = orange

Dude, you should know this if you live in Arizona.
Casper the ghost makes fun of how pale I am...so I don't take advantage of tanning here or anywhere. I belong in a place that has clouds most of the year. I am here in AZ for the job and seriously nice home that I would not have in beautiful but expensive Seattle. If I did not have a family to think about, I would move to the Sound and rent a studio Apt and take what ever job pays the rent. I would live in Dallas for the same reason I live here in AZ, but your property taxes are a bit crazy for me... I pay 1/3 of what I would pay there.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
These cities seem to have nothing in common other than the fact they are both large US metros.
They both have an "S"

Old 04-19-2015, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Not to mention more upscale shopping. More college football games are played in Dallas from Teams all over the country. Dallas has a better classic car culture scene as well.
This is true, my Oregon Ducks continue to lose there

Old 04-19-2015, 03:53 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
This is true, my Oregon Ducks continue to lose there
Oregon just wasn't physical and it showed when the played Ohio state. They got out muscled. On one play Oregon's nose guard got ran over by Ohio states quarterback that's right the nose guard. Until Oregon gets bigger and stronger and more physical on defense a national title will always elude them. Hopefully that game tought that program a lesson.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Dallas

Old 12-05-2018, 11:28 PM

57 posts, read 44,382 times
Seattle has too many crack zombies and is not safe

Old 12-06-2018, 09:24 AM

8,859 posts, read 6,859,567 times
Seattle has a lot of homeless but its murder rate is very low among US cities.

On the broader topic, Dallas has urbanized its core a bit, but Seattle has done so much more energetically, and with true urban form, all from a much higher base. These cities are on very different levels of urbanity.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:14 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
-COL - Dallas. Seattle's famed homeless camps are horrid and sad to see. Speaks volumes.
-Food - Dallas overall, but Seattle's good too
-weather - Dallas. I'd die in the drab, drizzly, muddy, cloudy climate of the PNW.
-education - Seattle
-economy - Dallas
-architecture - Not sure
-diversity - Dallas, especially in terms of diversity of thought.
-sports culture- Dallas
-scenery - Seattle easily
-outdoors activity - Seattle
-shopping - Dallas
-who has the worse traffic - Don't know
-transit - Dallas
-Best overall QOL - Dallas.

As I can see with a few posts, still a lot of really ignorant, untrue stereotyping, lol. Can't take posts like that seriously. I would definitely pick Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City