Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 03:32 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,914,979 times

Advertisements

Granted I'm not a republican, but I've noticed some people come on here looking for "their city" (as a conservative/Republican) and usually they end up getting a great list of liberal cities.

So if you had to make a list of the ten best conservative cities what would they be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 03:40 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,434,022 times
Ten is a fairly large number, but I would say the top five metros that are most Conservative/Republican could go to:

1. Houston
2. Dallas-Fort Worth/Arlington
3. Phoenix/Mesa
4. Anchorage
5. Oklahoma City

Old 06-21-2015, 03:42 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,523,411 times
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

People will spew out the usual suspects: Phoenix, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, Indianapolis, Omaha, Cincinnati, Jacksonville. And then another round of people will argue why those cities are not as conservative they're stereotyped to be. The bickering will go on for several pages until everyone gets annoyed and gives up on this thread.

Anyway, I think that it all depends on how you define conservative. In many ways, Detroit--despite being solidly Democratic--is more socially conservative than some red cities like Phoenix, Orange County, or even SLC. Other places, like the Texas cities, tend to have very liberal and very conservative patches. Houston has a lesbian mayor, for instance, yet it has some of the most conservative suburbs in the country.

There's no easy answer.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,342,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

People will spew out the usual suspects: Phoenix, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, Indianapolis, Omaha, Cincinnati, Jacksonville. And then another round of people will argue why those cities are not as conservative they're stereotyped to be. The bickering will go on for several pages until everyone gets annoyed and gives up on this thread.

Anyway, I think that it all depends on how you define conservative. In many ways, Detroit--despite being solidly Democratic--is more socially conservative than some red cities like Phoenix, Orange County, or even SLC. Other places, like the Texas cities, tend to have very liberal and very conservative patches. Houston has a lesbian mayor, for instance, yet it has some of the most conservative suburbs in the country.

There's no easy answer.
This x infinity.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 PM

110 posts, read 116,681 times
Greenville SC.
Aiken SC / Augusta GA
Charlotte NC.
Columbia SC
Charleston SC

basically any area that supports nuclear power or any area with a lot of engineers.

Last edited by Just Asking Questions; 06-21-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 06-21-2015, 06:43 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,476,745 times
Cincinnati, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, OKC, Wichita, Indy, Charleston SC, Savannah GA, Jacksonville FL

Old 06-21-2015, 06:53 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
*sigh* at people still mentioning Dallas and Houston in these conversations.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
*sigh* at people still mentioning Dallas and Houston in these conversations.
Nothing wrong with being conservative, a city that is fiscally conservative stands a better chance in the future than super liberal cities like LA, Chicago and NY, their city budgets are in trouble and just taxing the super rich will not work. I like how Texas cities have attracted corporations from other places.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:03 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Nothing wrong with being conservative, a city that is fiscally conservative stands a better chance in the future than super liberal cities like LA, Chicago and NY, their city budgets are in trouble and just taxing the super rich will not work. I like how Texas cities have attracted corporations from other places.
Yeah but neither the cities of Dallas or Houston are conservative though.I can understand Jacksonville and OKC. Dallas and Houston are not even close to these two cities. Fort Worth yes. Dallas no.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah but neither the cities of Dallas or Houston are conservative though.I can understand Jacksonville and OKC. Dallas and Houston are not even close to these two cities. Fort Worth yes. Dallas no.
Dallas and Houston are conservative compared to other large city such as NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, DC and Boston thou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City