Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York vs Florida
New York 113 50.00%
Florida 113 50.00%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 12:51 PM

747 posts, read 498,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Florida sucks. I would say a large percentage of people in the northeast do not think kindly to Florida. At all. Miami is nice to visit for a long weekend. Other than that. Not worth the time. The rest of the state is a dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 01:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,318,112 times
Hmmm. someone is trying to shut me up and wrote me a nasty reputation comment.

They clearly have never experienced southeast Pennsylvania which is one of the most affluent and well educated metropolitan areas in the nation.

Ever heard of the Main Line?

This is not a PA v FL thread.

But Florida flat out sucks. Sure there are some good pockets. But overall the state is run by Republican idiots with failing schools, a prevailing drug problem and poverty rampant in the streets and it is nothing but suburban sprawl that is only getting worst. I will choose New York any day of the week.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:

They clearly have never experienced southeast Pennsylvania which is one of the most affluent and well educated metropolitan areas in the nation.

But Florida flat out sucks. Sure there are some good pockets. But overall the state is run by Republican idiots with failing schools, a prevailing drug problem and poverty rampant in the streets and it is nothing but suburban sprawl that is only getting worst. I will choose New York any day of the week.
We get it lol.

I don’t think affluence means a lot. There are lots of affluent places in Florida that I absolutely hate for example.

Anyway, failing schools is a bit harsh. Not really sure where that narrative started from. Florida typically ranks in the top half of public education systems, both college and K-12, and by most measures, higher than Pennsylvania:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ings/education
https://www.forbes.com/sites/reneemo...ublic-schools/

The state is also in the top 10 for AP exam proficiency, though I can’t find the link, my bad.

And as far as poverty in the streets, lol no, at least not in its major cities. State run by idiots? Yes. Drug problem? Yes, at least that’s the perception.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:30 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,453,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocal Banned View Post
Lol you’re from Philly. The nerve.
You got something to say?

Old 10-07-2020, 01:35 PM

73 posts, read 47,532 times
Quote:

I’d choose NY as well. I just find it ironic someone from Pennsylvania is on his high horse. Not only is Pennsylvania very ho-him, nondescript, and an afterthought outside of Philly (which is a kind of a dump in its own right, sorry), but similar drug problems exist all over the state’s many meth cities and small rural towns. Its education system is actually worse than Florida’s and most northern states. I get it if you were in NY looking down on FL. But Pennsylvania? Like I said, the nerve of some people.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:38 PM

Oof let me excuse myself before this turns contentious. I have love and respect for all states

Old 10-07-2020, 04:02 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,318,112 times
Quote:
I’d choose NY as well. I just find it ironic someone from Pennsylvania is on his high horse. Not only is Pennsylvania very ho-him, nondescript, and an afterthought outside of Philly (which is a kind of a dump in its own right, sorry), but similar drug problems exist all over the state’s many meth cities and small rural towns. Its education system is actually worse than Florida’s and most northern states. I get it if you were in NY looking down on FL. But Pennsylvania? Like I said, the nerve of some people.
Clearly you have never heard of the Main Line. Southeastern Pennsylvania is one of the top suburban regions in the nation, in terms of affluence, education and quality of life not to mention historic qualities with an abundance of beautiful architecture and historic town centers.

And Pennsylvania ranks well above Florida for its public school system. Florida is nice to visit for about 3 days and then its time to go.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Elitist. or, Classist much? And they call us New Englanders classist lol

Old 10-08-2020, 09:53 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,724,528 times
Quote:
Florida sucks. I would say a large percentage of people in the northeast do not think kindly to Florida. At all. Miami is nice to visit for a long weekend. Other than that. Not worth the time. The rest of the state is a dump.
Having lived in the Northeast U.S. for eighteen years and Florida for twelve years, I would say the exact opposite is true: People in the Northeast U.S. think too highly of Florida. For many Americans who originate in the Northeast U.S., especially those of Dominican, Greek, Haitian, Italian, Jewish, Puerto Rican or Russian ancestry, Florida is the promised land. If people in states such as Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania held low opinions of Florida, most of the state would still be undeveloped swampland.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Elitist. or, Classist much? And they call us New Englanders classist lol
Exactly lol no one should be looking down on anybody. Something definitely wrong with that dude. Another cocky NYer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City