Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 11:48 PM

795 posts, read 490,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Grand Rapids is a great town. I like the area and community feel.

Eureka, CA or St. Augustine, FL?

St. Augustine, FL. All that history and architecture, my type of city!!

Next: San Diego, CA vs San Jose, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 12:19 AM

4,821 posts, read 3,105,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulll View Post
St. Augustine, FL. All that history and architecture, my type of city!!

Next: San Diego, CA vs San Jose, CA
Ooh, difficult choice. San Diego is better for urban stuff (Balboa Park, museums, waterfront),
San Jose has fun nature getaways (Santa Cruz Mountains and coastline) close by, and slightly cooler weather.

San Jose... by a whisker.

Olympia, WA or Corvallis, OR?

Old 05-03-2020, 12:55 AM

6,450 posts, read 5,119,626 times
Olympia. College towns are better than your typical smallish town, but state capitals and towns that have been reclaimed as artsy hipster spots are even better, and Olympia is both.

Trenton, NJ or Carson City, NV?

Old 05-03-2020, 01:58 AM

10,783 posts, read 23,952,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Olympia. College towns are better than your typical smallish town, but state capitals and towns that have been reclaimed as artsy hipster spots are even better, and Olympia is both.

Trenton, NJ or Carson City, NV?
Carson City since its so close to Tahoe and Trenton is awful.

West Hartford, CT or Clifton Park, NY?

Old 05-03-2020, 04:04 AM

755 posts, read 579,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Carson City since its so close to Tahoe and Trenton is awful.

West Hartford, CT or Clifton Park, NY?
Honestly this was a tough one. I'm going to go with West Hartford, CT. Even though Clifton Park is 25 minutes from Albany, West Hartford is only 10 minutes from Hartford if I need acess to a city plus it's 40 mins from New Haven & 2 hrs from NY. I just prefer West Hartford's location a bit more overall.

Austin, TX or Sacramento, CA?

Old 05-03-2020, 06:51 AM

357 posts, read 163,265 times
I’m probably take some heat for this choice with Austin fans but I’m going to go Sacramento. I think Austin has the better private economy and probably a lower COL but maybe not by much. While both can get quite hot at least summer nights cool down. Both are great states but I’d prefer living in CA issues and all. Proximity to Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, and Bay Area for the win.

Reno or El Paso?

Old 05-03-2020, 07:33 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,475,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
I’m probably take some heat for this choice with Austin fans but I’m going to go Sacramento. I think Austin has the better private economy and probably a lower COL but maybe not by much. While both can get quite hot at least summer nights cool down. Both are great states but I’d prefer living in CA issues and all. Proximity to Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, and Bay Area for the win.

Reno or El Paso?
I actually think El Paso is really great, and shares culture with neighboring New Mexico (my favorite Western state). However, Reno is overall less isolated and close to beautiful Lake Tahoe. I'd have to take Reno, but by just a hair.

Fort Collins, CO or Savannah, GA?

Old 05-03-2020, 08:07 AM

14,365 posts, read 9,263,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
I actually think El Paso is really great, and shares culture with neighboring New Mexico (my favorite Western state). However, Reno is overall less isolated and close to beautiful Lake Tahoe. I'd have to take Reno, but by just a hair.

Fort Collins, CO or Savannah, GA?
You've probably figured out by now that I'm a huge Savannah fan, but this time, I gotta go with that cute little city on the way from Denver to Cheyenne that's the smallest city in the United States with a working (historic) streetcar line.

Satellite cities matchup, Round 1:

Seattle or Tacoma?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:29 AM

9,738 posts, read 9,524,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
You've probably figured out by now that I'm a huge Savannah fan, but this time, I gotta go with that cute little city on the way from Denver to Cheyenne that's the smallest city in the United States with a working (historic) streetcar line.

Satellite cities matchup, Round 1:

Seattle or Tacoma?
Tacoma for sure. Seattle has too many homeless and is too expensive. My experience with Tacoma was planning an assisted living care center. I am ready to go back for a visit.

Dallas or Ft. Worth?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:34 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,221,585 times
Dallas I guess. Honestly have not really experienced Fort Worth and I'm very open to the possibility of liking it more, so this is definitely subject to change.

Lubbock, TX vs New Haven, CT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City