Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2019, 05:29 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,204,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
White Plains. Nice city and I can't stand NJ.

Burlington, VT or Madison, WI?
Good one. Both great cities. I think I'd go with Burlington just for a change of pace and for the natural beauty. Proximity to Montreal is a HUGE bonus.

Christmas, MI or Santa Claus, IN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 05:49 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Good one. Both great cities. I think I'd go with Burlington just for a change of pace and for the natural beauty. Proximity to Montreal is a HUGE bonus.

Christmas, MI or Santa Claus, IN?
Santa Claus, because it has a cute little Christmas themed amusement park there.

Tampa, FL or Kansas City, MO?

Old 12-17-2019, 07:23 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,123,429 times
Quote:
Santa Claus, because it has a cute little Christmas themed amusement park there.

Tampa, FL or Kansas City, MO?

I like both, but Tampa. The music scene is more to my liking (scheduled to head back next month for a weekend) and the fauna is right up my alley. The downside is the BBQ is awesome in KC.

Iowa City, IA or Champaign-Urbana, IL?

Old 12-17-2019, 07:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,963,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I like both, but Tampa. The music scene is more to my liking (scheduled to head back next month for a weekend) and the fauna is right up my alley. The downside is the BBQ is awesome in KC.

Iowa City, IA or Champaign-Urbana, IL?
Pretty close, based upon a proximity to Chicago. A choice between Illinois and Iowa...I'd take Illinois, for Great Lake and Wisconsin access. Iowa City is still a long way from Minneapolis..

Worcester, MA vs. Albany, NY

Old 12-17-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Pretty close, based upon a proximity to Chicago. A choice between Illinois and Iowa...I'd take Illinois, for Great Lake and Wisconsin access. Iowa City is still a long way from Minneapolis..

Worcester, MA vs. Albany, NY
Albany. I like that area of NY and just don't care for Worcester. A bit gloomy for me.

Greenville, SC or Albuquerque, NM?

Old 12-17-2019, 10:11 AM

61 posts, read 38,826 times
Quote:
Albany. I like that area of NY and just don't care for Worcester. A bit gloomy for me.

Greenville, SC or Albuquerque, NM?
Albuquerque. I prefer the West to the deep South.

Stamford. CT or Sunnyvale, CA?

Old 12-17-2019, 12:37 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeRover20 View Post
Albuquerque. I prefer the West to the deep South.

Stamford. CT or Sunnyvale, CA?
Sunnyvale... Better weather and it appears to be an overall slightly more desirable city in a slightly more desirable region.

Honolulu, Hi or Key West, FL?

Old 12-17-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Sunnyvale... Better weather and it appears to be an overall slightly more desirable city in a slightly more desirable region.

Honolulu, Hi or Key West, FL?
Key West. Only because Honolulu is the most isolated metro population center in the World. Not that Key West isn't isolated, just not as bad.

Roanoke, VA or Lexington, KY?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:32 PM

597 posts, read 454,762 times
Quote:
Key West. Only because Honolulu is the most isolated metro population center in the World. Not that Key West isn't isolated, just not as bad.

Roanoke, VA or Lexington, KY?

Roanoke. Neat smaller city with a cool downtown area.... close to the mountains...... proximity to wineries, small towns, and close enough to visit larger metros like the Triad, Richmond.

Greensboro or Winston-Salem

Old 12-18-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Roanoke. Neat smaller city with a cool downtown area.... close to the mountains...... proximity to wineries, small towns, and close enough to visit larger metros like the Triad, Richmond.

Greensboro or Winston-Salem
Winston Salem. I like the rolling hills and its slightly closer proximity to the mountains.

Savannah, GA or Charleston, SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City