Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 12:11 PM

12,265 posts, read 8,209,001 times

Advertisements

Albany over Lansing on the skipped one...

Also Arcata CA!

Raleigh NC or Dallas TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 12:19 PM

613 posts, read 333,788 times
Tough one but I will go with Raleigh

Battle of Florida cities: Fort Lauderdale or Tampa

Old 04-23-2020, 12:58 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,921,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Tough one but I will go with Raleigh

Battle of Florida cities: Fort Lauderdale or Tampa
Tampa... not a huge fan of south Florida. Tampa's metro seems more appealing to me from a weather, culture, and lifestyle standpoint.

Lawrence, MA or Trenton, NJ?

Old 04-23-2020, 02:17 PM

3,654 posts, read 4,536,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Tampa... not a huge fan of south Florida. Tampa's metro seems more appealing to me from a weather, culture, and lifestyle standpoint.

Lawrence, MA or Trenton, NJ?
Lawrence! Better weather, closer to some pretty areas. I've done time in Trenton already, no desire to go back at all.

Cincinnati, Ohio or Kansas City, Missouri?

Old 04-23-2020, 03:26 PM

14,371 posts, read 9,274,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Lawrence! Better weather, closer to some pretty areas. I've done time in Trenton already, no desire to go back at all.

Cincinnati, Ohio or Kansas City, Missouri?
Didn't someone toss out this pair just a few weeks ago?

Barbecue > deconstructed chili served over spaghetti.

Over-the-Rhine > Union Hill, but Country Club Plaza > does Cincy really have an analogue?

Cincinnati Union Terminal = Kansas City Union Station.

Royals = Reds but Chiefs > Bengals.

KC Streetcar > Cincinnati Bell Connector because free. As the entire transit system will be sometime next year.

This one's close, and I think you could come up with some other comparisons in Cincy's favor, but I'm gonna go with Kansas City.

And I'll get back to the Kansas Cities in a future round, but first:

San Francisco or Oakland? (First of a round-robin triad)

Old 04-23-2020, 04:43 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevielake View Post
Both good cities, I'll pick B-more though, I consider the DC Bmore area my second home spent lots of time down there with relatives and friends.

Haven't visited Nashville, don't know too much about it either, but my choice could change If I make a trip down there.
Nashville is a fun town. No pretense and welcoming people. I tell people to view the business journal to see what's going on.

New Smyrna Beach, FL or Hermosa Beach, California[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Didn't someone toss out this pair just a few weeks ago?

Barbecue > deconstructed chili served over spaghetti.

Over-the-Rhine > Union Hill, but Country Club Plaza > does Cincy really have an analogue?

Cincinnati Union Terminal = Kansas City Union Station.

Royals = Reds but Chiefs > Bengals.

KC Streetcar > Cincinnati Bell Connector because free. As the entire transit system will be sometime next year.

This one's close, and I think you could come up with some other comparisons in Cincy's favor, but I'm gonna go with Kansas City.

And I'll get back to the Kansas Cities in a future round, but first:

San Francisco or Oakland? (First of a round-robin triad)
Agreed on Kansas City. It packs a powerful punch. Cincy is nice too but can be cold and cliquish. Oakland for sure, no way I could afford SF proper.

Baltimore, MD or Detroit, MI?

Old 04-23-2020, 05:08 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,720,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Nashville is a fun town. No pretense and welcoming people. I tell people to view the business journal to see what's going on.

New Smyrna Beach, FL or Hermosa Beach, California

Agreed on Kansas City. It packs a powerful punch. Cincy is nice too but can be cold and cliquish. Oakland for sure, no way I could afford SF proper.

Baltimore, MD or Detroit, MI?

BMore for sure and unfortunately mostly for its location and proximity to Philly and DC. The waterfront is nice but it would get old if you lived there and burbs are burbs for the most part.

Eugene, OR or Manchester, NH?

Old 04-23-2020, 05:26 PM

75 posts, read 39,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
BMore for sure and unfortunately mostly for its location and proximity to Philly and DC. The waterfront is nice but it would get old if you lived there and burbs are burbs for the most part.

Eugene, OR or Manchester, NH?
Tough one, Manchester gets a lot of praise and rightfully so, my mind says Manchester, however my heart says Eugene, I'd like to try something different and live in the PNW for a change.

Las Vegas, NV or Reno, NV

Old 04-23-2020, 07:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,810,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevielake View Post
Tough one, Manchester gets a lot of praise and rightfully so, my mind says Manchester, however my heart says Eugene, I'd like to try something different and live in the PNW for a change.

Las Vegas, NV or Reno, NV
Probably Las Vegas since it is larger and closer to Southern California. Also, I would imagine there is a lot more to do in Vegas. More variety of allergy friendly restaurants, which is an important factor for me.

I've never been to either though, so I can only speculate.

Santa Fe, NM or San Luis Obispo, CA?

Old 04-23-2020, 09:36 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Probably Las Vegas since it is larger and closer to Southern California. Also, I would imagine there is a lot more to do in Vegas. More variety of allergy friendly restaurants, which is an important factor for me.

I've never been to either though, so I can only speculate.

Santa Fe, NM or San Luis Obispo, CA?
Sante Fe because it is closer to Albuquerque.

Huntsville, AL or Fayetteville, AR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City