Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 05:23 AM

10,784 posts, read 23,957,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Santa Fe. Montreal or New Orleans?
Montreal, might be over the border but still much closer to home. I love visiting New Orleans (one of my favorites) but prefer the landscapes, location, and urban build of Montreal.

Bozeman, MT or Missoula, MT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 05:44 AM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Montreal, might be over the border but still much closer to home. I love visiting New Orleans (one of my favorites) but prefer the landscapes, location, and urban build of Montreal.

Bozeman, MT or Missoula, MT?
Missoula is home to the University of Montana as well as the state capital, right? It's also a little bigger than Bozeman, IIRC.

If I'm wrong about where the university is, I'll take the university town (which would be Bozeman, then, IIRC), but if I were to live in a city in Montana, it would actually be Butte, which has the more interesting history and was once much larger than it is now until the big open-pit mine on its edge started to eat the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Chesapeake to stay in the East Coast despite Columbia having a major college

Hanover, NH or Durango, CO?
I don't know where the Santa Fe post came from; didn't we have that place served a few dozen posts ago?

But that poster skipped over this one.

Hanover has Dartmouth. Durango has a railroad and mining heritage. I'll take Durango for that reason.

Hannibal, Mo., or Vicksburg, Miss.?

Old 06-23-2020, 07:58 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Missoula is home to the University of Montana as well as the state capital, right? It's also a little bigger than Bozeman, IIRC.

If I'm wrong about where the university is, I'll take the university town (which would be Bozeman, then, IIRC), but if I were to live in a city in Montana, it would actually be Butte, which has the more interesting history and was once much larger than it is now until the big open-pit mine on its edge started to eat the city.
Actually, both are college towns; Missoula is home to the Univ of Montana, and Bozeman is home to Montana State. The state capital is Helena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Hannibal, Mo., or Vicksburg, Miss.?
This is tough. Both are historic river towns. I've never been to Hannibal, but I'm guessing it's not nearly as impoverished. The thing that scares me off of Hannibal is the winter weather. I'll take Vicksburg for weather and familiarity.

Decatur, AL or Decatur, IL?

Old 06-23-2020, 09:55 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Decatur, AL. Branson, MO or Eureka CA?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:24 AM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Decatur, AL. Branson, MO or Eureka CA?
Branson due to lower cost of living and more things to do.

Seneca, SC or London, KY?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:29 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,269,563 times
London KY

Grand Junction, CO or Bozeman, MT?

Old 06-23-2020, 02:26 PM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
London KY

Grand Junction, CO or Bozeman, MT?
Curious why you picked London KY over Seneca SC? Seneca is in a typically desirable part of SC, while London is in a typically undesirable part of KY.

Grand Junction because western CO fascinates me and the winters aren't as extreme as Montana.

Muskogee, OK or Kern County, CA?

Old 06-23-2020, 02:42 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Kern County. Bakersfield is much bigger. Huntington, WV or Charleston, WV.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:40 PM

848 posts, read 841,008 times
Quote:
Kern County. Bakersfield is much bigger. Huntington, WV or Charleston, WV.
Offhand, they seem so similar! I would likely choose Charleston because it's closer to the bigger mountains and places I would like to visit to the east. I'm guessing being the state capital brings some amenities as well.

Montgomery, AL or Lubbock, TX?

Old 06-23-2020, 07:44 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
Offhand, they seem so similar! I would likely choose Charleston because it's closer to the bigger mountains and places I would like to visit to the east. I'm guessing being the state capital brings some amenities as well.

Montgomery, AL or Lubbock, TX?
Montgomery by a smidge. Capital, culture, history, and nice lake properties nearby.

Providence, RI or Milwaukee, WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City