Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2020, 09:25 AM

842 posts, read 835,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Jackson, TN because it is better.

Owensboro, KY or Muscle Shoals, AL?
Muscle Shoals. I like the Tennessee River scenery and the surprisingly hilly country just to the south (the Cane Creek Canyon area is beautiful). It's also a little warmer!

Colorado Springs or Santa Fe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 09:26 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,524,892 times
Quote:
Jackson, TN because it is better.

Owensboro, KY or Muscle Shoals, AL?
Owensboro. It's closer to the river than Muscle Shoals is, and Owensboro is quite a bit larger with an actual downtown area.

Nashville, Tennessee or Charlotte, North Carolina? Give a brief description for why you chose your answer. Choose on a city vs city basis, excluding proximity to other metros

Old 06-21-2020, 09:36 AM

9,723 posts, read 9,485,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Owensboro. It's closer to the river than Muscle Shoals is, and Owensboro is quite a bit larger with an actual downtown area.

Nashville, Tennessee or Charlotte, North Carolina? Give a brief description for why you chose your answer. Choose on a city vs city basis, excluding proximity to other metros
Tough call. I would give the edge to Nashville for being grittier and more things to do. I like that city has embraced its culture but is still progressive. Nashville's suburbs are growing faster while Charlotte is growing faster than Nashville proper.

Columbus, OH or St. Louis, MO?

Old 06-21-2020, 09:42 AM

14,333 posts, read 9,214,769 times
Quote:
Tough call. I would give the edge to Nashville for being grittier and more things to do. I like that city has embraced its culture but is still progressive. Nashville's suburbs are growing faster while Charlotte is growing faster than Nashville proper.

Columbus, OH or St. Louis, MO?
This is a tough one. Columbus is on the rise while St. Louis is still struggling, and Columbus is surprisingly urbane and lively — just outside its downtown.

But St. Louis IMO still looks and feels more urban and urbane than Columbus, and AFAIK, there's no place to get good Q in Columbus. (Well, there's probably one or two in the 'burbs, but I don't want to have to venture into the 'burbs for good Q.) So I'll go with St. Louis here.

Wichita or Oklahoma City?

Old 06-21-2020, 09:48 AM

955 posts, read 618,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Wichita or Oklahoma City?
OKC - larger metro with more amenities. Don't think I'd be able to handle a city of Wichita's size.

In which would you rather live: Toledo OR Akron?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
OKC - larger metro with more amenities. Don't think I'd be able to handle a city of Wichita's size.

Akron has made some progress. Toledo is very depressing. I would choose Akron for sure. Akron has a great zoo and art museums.

Portland, OR or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:09 AM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post

This is tough because they're both midsized cities near much larger cities but I think I'd go with Akron. Fort Smith, Ark or Wichita Falls, TX?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:10 AM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times
Quote:
Akron has made some progress. Toledo is very depressing. I would choose Akron for sure. Akron has a great zoo and art museums.

Portland, OR or Milwaukee, WI?
Milwaukee. Ft. Smith Ark or Wichita Falls TX?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Milwaukee. Ft. Smith Ark or Wichita Falls TX?
Ft. Smith, AR because the area is growing and attracting better jobs. The area has better scenery as well.

Huntsville, AL or Harrisburg, PA?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 AM

842 posts, read 835,733 times
Quote:
Ft. Smith, AR because the area is growing and attracting better jobs. The area has better scenery as well.

Huntsville, AL or Harrisburg, PA?
Huntsville. Better weather, up and coming, good mix of people.

Des Moines or Little Rock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City