Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 08:11 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Look, some of the cities I know nothing about and I just make a guess. Anyway, San Leandro, CA or Henderson NV?
San Leandro, Calif. The only thing I know about either city is that Henderson is a suburb of Las Vegas. That's grounds enough for me to choose the other.

Someone here desperately wants one of these cities to be picked, but people keep refusing to pick it and probably will again this time:

Fort Wayne, Ind., or St. Joseph, Mo.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 08:17 PM

597 posts, read 454,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
San Leandro, Calif. The only thing I know about either city is that Henderson is a suburb of Las Vegas. That's grounds enough for me to choose the other.

Someone here desperately wants one of these cities to be picked, but people keep refusing to pick it and probably will again this time:

Fort Wayne, Ind., or St. Joseph, Mo.?

Fort Wayne. Don't know much about the city... but I think it has a G-league franchise....so there is something sports related i can attend in person. Guess I could drive to South Bend, Bloomington, or West Lafayette if i wanted to see some Power 5 collegiate sports. Reasonable drives to Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit.

Salt Lake City or Portland Oregon.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:42 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
I'll say Salt Lake City because I've heard it has a lot more to offer than many realize. Plus, since it's not a hip city like Portland it's probably also cheaper. Joplin, MO or Iowa City, IA?

Old 06-30-2020, 10:46 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'll say Salt Lake City because I've heard it has a lot more to offer than many realize. Plus, since it's not a hip city like Portland it's probably also cheaper. Joplin, MO or Iowa City, IA?
Iowa City... I'm a fan of Big Ten college towns and culturally I think Iowa City would be a better fit than SW Missouri.

Seligman, AZ or Rifle, CO?

Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 AM

848 posts, read 837,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Iowa City... I'm a fan of Big Ten college towns and culturally I think Iowa City would be a better fit than SW Missouri.

Seligman, AZ or Rifle, CO?
This one is hard. No question that the immediate, day-to-day surroundings of Rifle would be much nicer. If I could live a little farther east toward Williams and Flagstaff, then I might be tempted to choose Arizona for somewhat warmer winters and proximity to the Grand Canyon. Plus I absolutely love northern Arizona in general. HOWEVER - between these two exact locations, I am going to choose Rifle (still close to amazing stuff in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and Utah).

Cedar City, UT or Canon City, CO?

Old 07-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Canon City because it's closer to larger cities. Vail, CO or Park City, UT?

Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM

355 posts, read 161,212 times
Park City Utah, close enough to SLC to not feel like I'm just living at a resort city.

Incline Village NV or Sedona AZ?

Old 07-01-2020, 11:23 AM

13,798 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Incline Village NV or Sedona AZ?
Incline Village because Lake Tahoe is nearby, and I'm guessing it's not as dominated by retirees; but I could be wrong.

Rifle, CO or Gun Barrel City, TX?

Old 07-01-2020, 01:47 PM

848 posts, read 837,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Incline Village because Lake Tahoe is nearby, and I'm guessing it's not as dominated by retirees; but I could be wrong.

Rifle, CO or Gun Barrel City, TX?
I'll take a shot. Definitely Rifle, CO for an infinitely better setting.

Oxford, Mississippi or Hot Springs, AR?

Old 07-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Sierra Vista, AZ or Carlsbad, NM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City