Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 06:41 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Portland, Maine for a host of reasons.
Portland, Oregon is off it's meds.

Loredo, Texas or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan?
SSM. I normally wouldn't want to live that far north, but it's so beautiful and peaceful. Though a do like some of the metros in TX, Laredo isn't one of them.

Eugene, OR or Providence, RI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 07:11 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
SSM. I normally wouldn't want to live that far north, but it's so beautiful and peaceful. Though a do like some of the metros in TX, Laredo isn't one of them.

Eugene, OR or Providence, RI?
Providence. It's bigger and I've heard it's a nice underrated city. Eureka CA or San Luis Obispo CA?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:19 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,003,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Providence. It's bigger and I've heard it's a nice underrated city. Eureka CA or San Luis Obispo CA?
Eureka. I prefer the greener look that resembles the PNW.

Harrisburg, PA or Orlando, FL?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Eureka. I prefer the greener look that resembles the PNW.

Harrisburg, PA or Orlando, FL?
Orlando. I really like Harrisburg. But I lived in Orlando at one time and really loved it. Very livable and very misunderstood.

Portland, OR or Charlotte, NC?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Orlando. I really like Harrisburg. But I lived in Orlando at one time and really loved it. Very livable and very misunderstood.

Portland, OR or Charlotte, NC?
This was a tough choice for me, but I have to go with Charlotte. I have a few friends there and spent a month there and generally liked it. It's a comfortable place to live and plentiful job opportunities. Housing costs are not so bad. I prefer living in the eastern time zone, too. Unfortunately, Portland has very long gloomy winters with never ending overcast, which could become depressing.

Greenville, SC or Atlanta, GA?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
This was a tough choice for me, but I have to go with Charlotte. I have a few friends there and spent a month there and generally liked it. It's a comfortable place to live and plentiful job opportunities. Housing costs are not so bad. I prefer living in the eastern time zone, too. Unfortunately, Portland has very long gloomy winters with never ending overcast, which could become depressing.

Greenville, SC or Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta. It's size gives more thing to do and job opportunities overall. But I also love Greenville a lot. Punches well above its weight. I could live there and be happy. But Atlanta is one of my 2 favorite large metros, so I have to go with them.

San Diego, CA or Boston, MA?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:51 PM

119 posts, read 123,157 times
Quote:
Atlanta. It's size gives more thing to do and job opportunities overall. But I also love Greenville a lot. Punches well above its weight. I could live there and be happy. But Atlanta is one of my 2 favorite large metros, so I have to go with them.

San Diego. Both cities are great and Boston is my favorite east coast city, but you can't beat San Diego's weather. Plus it has mountains, a beach you'd actually want to go to, and great Mexican food.

Durango, CO or Brookings, OR?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:

San Diego. I've visited both. They are both great cities. However, life is tough in Boston. The winters are brutal and it's such a fast paced, snooty place. I thought San Diego was more relaxed and the weather is pretty great. I also prefer lower density cities and prefer driving a car everywhere.

Bremerton, WA or San Diego, CA?

Old 11-09-2020, 11:44 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
San Diego. I've visited both. They are both great cities. However, life is tough in Boston. The winters are brutal and it's such a fast paced, snooty place. I thought San Diego was more relaxed and the weather is pretty great. I also prefer lower density cities and prefer driving a car everywhere.

Bremerton, WA or San Diego, CA?
As much as I love San Diego, Bremerton is cheaper so I'd go withi that. Springfield MA or Dayton OH?

Old 11-10-2020, 07:28 AM

13,759 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Gatsby View Post
Durango, CO or Brookings, OR?
Durango. I like its ‘Old West’ aesthetic, and it’s close to some spectacular scenery including Mesa Verde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Springfield MA or Dayton OH?
Dayton. I’ve gotten to spend some time there, and I really like SW Ohio a lot.

Ely, Minnesota or Ely, Nevada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City