Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2020, 02:17 PM

1,485 posts, read 2,264,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Colorado Springs. Although I've never been there, it seems like a place I would enjoy living. I'm guessing it also has more sunny days than Spokane.

Longview, WA or Longview, TX?

Longview WA. If it were in a different part of Texas I'd definitely reconsider, but the far eastern part of the state is just too humid.

Weirton, WV or Huron, SD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 03:46 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Weirton. It's closer to other large towns. Lubbock, TX or Amarillo, TX?

Old 08-23-2020, 05:23 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,441,678 times
Lubbock

Omaha,Nebraska or Tucson, Arizona

Old 08-23-2020, 07:01 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Lubbock

Omaha,Nebraska or Tucson, Arizona
Omaha. I have really enjoyed my visits to Omaha. Very livable area.

Oklahoma City, OK or Indianapolis, IN?

Old 08-23-2020, 07:22 PM

14,316 posts, read 9,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Omaha. I have really enjoyed my visits to Omaha. Very livable area.

Oklahoma City, OK or Indianapolis, IN?
Indianapolis. In fact, Metropolitan Area Projects* be damned, I'd choose just about any other city in the country over Oklahoma City.

*The "Metropolitan Area Projects," or "MAPS," are a series of infrastructure, amenity and public-safety improvements funded by a sales tax surcharge that sunsets every eight years, at which point OKC officials go back to the voters for approval of a new set of projects. They're currently on the fourth round of projects, or MAPS 4. Oklahoma City's downtown streetcar and significant improvements to its mass transit system, which used to not run at all on weekends or late nights but now does, were paid for by MAPS funding.

The ball got rolling after an airline that had announced it was going to build a maintenance base in OKC reversed its decision in the early 1990s. It did so, it said, because it polled its employees about the move, and they said they absolutely didn't want to move to Oklahoma City. I will give OKC's leaders and citizens credit for taking the bull by the horns in this fashion after getting this wake-up call, but that doesn't mean I want to become one of those citizens.

Tulsa, Okla., or Wichita, Kan.?

Old 08-23-2020, 08:58 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Indianapolis. In fact, Metropolitan Area Projects* be damned, I'd choose just about any other city in the country over Oklahoma City.

*The "Metropolitan Area Projects," or "MAPS," are a series of infrastructure, amenity and public-safety improvements funded by a sales tax surcharge that sunsets every eight years, at which point OKC officials go back to the voters for approval of a new set of projects. They're currently on the fourth round of projects, or MAPS 4. Oklahoma City's downtown streetcar and significant improvements to its mass transit system, which used to not run at all on weekends or late nights but now does, were paid for by MAPS funding.

The ball got rolling after an airline that had announced it was going to build a maintenance base in OKC reversed its decision in the early 1990s. It did so, it said, because it polled its employees about the move, and they said they absolutely didn't want to move to Oklahoma City. I will give OKC's leaders and citizens credit for taking the bull by the horns in this fashion after getting this wake-up call, but that doesn't mean I want to become one of those citizens.

Tulsa, Okla., or Wichita, Kan.?
Tulsa for sure. I like the art galleries, museums, and local shopping. It is a unique city.

Montgomery, AL or Charleston, WV?

Old 08-23-2020, 10:25 PM

3,931 posts, read 2,243,455 times
Montgomery. Better economy and not far from Birmingham. Roanoke VA or Fayetteville NC?

Old 08-24-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Montgomery. Better economy and not far from Birmingham. Roanoke VA or Fayetteville NC?
Roanoke. A nicer city and region. It has a better location. Blue Ridge scenery cannot be beat.

Bloomington, IN or Columbia, MO?

Old 08-24-2020, 05:58 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,561,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Roanoke. A nicer city and region. It has a better location. Blue Ridge scenery cannot be beat.

Bloomington, IN or Columbia, MO?
Both are nice college towns. I'll take Bloomington due to it not being as landlocked and closer to larger cities.

Greenville, SC or Albany, NY?

Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Both are nice college towns. I'll take Bloomington due to it not being as landlocked and closer to larger cities.

Greenville, SC or Albany, NY?
Both great. I would choose Albany because of the Green Mountain area nearby and better quality high culture.

Omaha, NE or Madison, WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City