Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2020, 12:56 PM

13,841 posts, read 8,126,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Albany, NY or Greenville, SC?
Greenville by a mile.

Inverness, Florida or Aberdeen, Maryland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 02:05 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,268,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Greenville by a mile.

Inverness, Florida or Aberdeen, Maryland?
Aberdeen. Right in-between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Charleston WV or Huntington WV?

Old 11-23-2020, 05:35 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,656,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Charleston WV or Huntington WV?
Which has the lesser problem with opioid addiction? Guess I'll pick Charleston since it's the capital.

Zachary, LA or Taylor, TX?

Old 11-23-2020, 11:08 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,268,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Which has the lesser problem with opioid addiction? Guess I'll pick Charleston since it's the capital.

Zachary, LA or Taylor, TX?
Taylor. Like that it's near Austin. I have too many family members in the Baton Rouge area that'd be in my business, lol. Salisbury MD or Morgan City LA?

Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,983,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Taylor. Like that it's near Austin. I have too many family members in the Baton Rouge area that'd be in my business, lol. Salisbury MD or Morgan City LA?
Salisbury of course. Its obviously an easy move for me since its still in my home state, and I'd be just 20 minutes from Ocean City while being less than three hours from DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for big city excitement and visiting my family/friends for a weekend. It has the seasons yet doesn't get too much snow in the winter. Morgan City is a coming disaster in the making from the big hurricane which it luckily avoided this year since it just has marshes to protect it from the Gulf of Mexico.

Going back to the presidential theme:

Grover, NC or Cleveland, GA?

Old 11-24-2020, 05:39 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Salisbury of course. Its obviously an easy move for me since its still in my home state, and I'd be just 20 minutes from Ocean City while being less than three hours from DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for big city excitement and visiting my family/friends for a weekend. It has the seasons yet doesn't get too much snow in the winter. Morgan City is a coming disaster in the making from the big hurricane which it luckily avoided this year since it just has marshes to protect it from the Gulf of Mexico.

Going back to the presidential theme:

Grover, NC or Cleveland, GA?
Grover... it's within commuting distance of Charlotte. If I lived in Georgia, I'd like to be much closer to Atlanta than Cleveland.

Green Bay, WI or Lansing, MI?

Old 11-24-2020, 07:08 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,126,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Probably Lansing. Safe to say Michigan is my favorite midwestern state overall (it's at least the one I'm most familiar with as I have lived there before), and I'm not an NFL fan.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania or Lexington, South Carolina?

Old 11-24-2020, 07:10 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,816,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Grover... it's within commuting distance of Charlotte. If I lived in Georgia, I'd like to be much closer to Atlanta than Cleveland.

Green Bay all the way. I might could live in the U.P. (which Green Bay is closer to than most people in Michigan are).
Houghton, Michigan or Homer, Alaska?

Old 11-24-2020, 07:13 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,816,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Probably Lansing. Safe to say Michigan is my favorite midwestern state overall (it's at least the one I'm most familiar with as I have lived there before), and I'm not an NFL fan.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania or Lexington, South Carolina?
oops

Mechanicsburg. I kinda like Pennsylvania.

Houghton, Michigan or Homer, Alaska

Old 11-24-2020, 08:06 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,584,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
oops

Mechanicsburg. I kinda like Pennsylvania.

Houghton, Michigan or Homer, Alaska
Houghton. Though it's isolated, it's not nearly as much as Homer. The tremendous isolation and day/night cycles would make me a crazy person, lol.

Hilton Head Island/Beaufort, SC area or Southern Pines/Pinehurst, NC area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City