Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 05:19 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
Beaufort, SC. Less isolated and would be a huge contrast to the place that I live in now, which would be fun. It's also near Savannah which I hear is a pretty cool place.

Bakersfield, CA or Corus Christie, TX
I agree with you about Beaufort. It's a beautiful little town. It's a "mini" Charleston. Our oldest son is stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station there and loves it. We're actually going this weekend to visit him (about 3.5 hours from where we live near Charlotte). It's located between Charleston and Savannah (about 45-60 minutes from each city), which is really awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 05:56 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,363,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Corpus Christie because there's great Mexican food and it's not boring. I like the beach as well.

Indianapolis, IN or Richmond, VA
Currently reside in Indianapolis, never been to Richmond. I'll go ahead and stay put, though I am sure Richmond is lovely.

San Antonio TX or Salt Lake City UT

Old 04-01-2016, 06:02 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,469,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Currently reside in Indianapolis, never been to Richmond. I'll go ahead and stay put, though I am sure Richmond is lovely.

San Antonio TX or Salt Lake City UT
SLC. Better climate.

Baltimore, MD or Richmond, VA?

Old 04-01-2016, 06:25 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,752,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
SLC. Better climate.

Richmond, VA. Smaller city with less traffic. Crime is lower as well. Also, it's not in Maryland.

Minneapolis or Tampa?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:20 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,363,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
SLC. Better climate.

Baltimore, there are some nice areas in Baltimore, despite what the media will tell you about it.

Syracuse NY or Cincinnati OH

Old 04-01-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Richmond, VA. Smaller city with less traffic. Crime is lower as well. Also, it's not in Maryland.

Minneapolis or Tampa?
Wow! For me personally, that's a toughy. I love both areas. I love Tampa's climate, beaches, and central FL attractions. But Minneapolis is better across the board and has a much lower crime rate. Going to have to give the nod to Minneapolis.

Knoxville, TN or Omaha, NE?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Baltimore, there are some nice areas in Baltimore, despite what the media will tell you about it.

Syracuse NY or Cincinnati OH
Gotta pick Cinncy. It's larger with more things to do. Syracuse has a lot of pluses and I don't mind some snow, but they get much more than I would want, lol.

Raleigh, NC or Austin, TX?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:51 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,752,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Wow! For me personally, that's a toughy. I love both areas. I love Tampa's climate, beaches, and central FL attractions. But Minneapolis is better across the board and has a much lower crime rate. Going to have to give the nod to Minneapolis.

Knoxville, TN or Omaha, NE?
I'm going to go with Knoxville on that one. Omaha is larger and has more to offer, but Knoxville's location is much better.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:17 AM

256 posts, read 267,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Gotta pick Cinncy. It's larger with more things to do. Syracuse has a lot of pluses and I don't mind some snow, but they get much more than I would want, lol.

Raleigh, NC or Austin, TX?
Austin. While I don't think I would like the climate in either of these places, atleast Austin has lakes and springs nearby, while Raleigh's beaches are nearly 2 hours away. I also like that Austin is bigger and just feels more... influential.

Anchorage, AK of Sidney, MT.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 30,022,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
Austin. While I don't think I would like the climate in either of these places, atleast Austin has lakes and springs nearby, while Raleigh's beaches are nearly 2 hours away. I also like that Austin is bigger and just feels more... influential.

Anchorage, AK of Sidney, MT.
Anchorage, though oil country would be fun.

Elizabethtown, KY or Monroe, MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City