Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 12:01 AM

992 posts, read 882,479 times

Advertisements

Corvallis, OR.
A really nice university town in a great location!
Akron, OH vs Albany, OR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 12:36 AM

256 posts, read 268,423 times
Unfortunately I have to pick Albany. Closer to home and atleast I could escape to Portland frequently and visit my family. Akron's just too far from anything I want to see or do, whereas staying in Oregon would atleast let me still keep some of the benefits of living here.

Jackson, MS or Mobile, AB

Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 AM

405 posts, read 479,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
Unfortunately I have to pick Albany. Closer to home and atleast I could escape to Portland frequently and visit my family. Akron's just too far from anything I want to see or do, whereas staying in Oregon would atleast let me still keep some of the benefits of living here.

Jackson, MS or Mobile, AB
Mobile, because I like Alabama much more than Mississippi.

Naples, FL or Murrieta, CA

Old 03-18-2017, 01:18 PM

905 posts, read 1,109,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
Mobile, because I like Alabama much more than Mississippi.

Naples, FL or Murrieta, CA
Murrieta for me. Relatively easy access to LA, San Diego, and beaches for fun day or weekend trips. No need to worry about hurricanes, and it's within the great Mexican food belt!

Pittsburgh, PA, or Asheville, NC?

Old 03-18-2017, 01:38 PM

27,316 posts, read 44,309,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
Murrieta for me. Relatively easy access to LA, San Diego, and beaches for fun day or weekend trips. No need to worry about hurricanes, and it's within the great Mexican food belt!

Pittsburgh, PA, or Asheville, NC?
Easy answer for me, Asheville. It's in a beautiful setting with a moderate four season climate, has an amazing food scene, nice architecture and a lot of recreational and cultural activities.

St Petersburg FL or Savannah GA?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:38 AM

256 posts, read 268,423 times
St. Pete as its in a bigger metro area with more interestingly different topography from what I'm used to. The humidity would be unfortunate though.

Augusta, GA or Reading, PA

Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,232,803 times
Reading, PA

Like the fall colors of the northeast and PA has two major metro areas to explore (Philly & Pittsburgh) plus the Poconos, Lancaster region, etc. Summers not quite as hot/humid. Plus, I am not a golfer (know that Augusta is home to one of USA's best golf courses; hosts major tournament).

Battle of Presidential hometowns of Bill Clinton & Jimmy Carter:

Hope, AR or Plains, GA ?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM

368 posts, read 456,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Reading, PA

Like the fall colors of the northeast and PA has two major metro areas to explore (Philly & Pittsburgh) plus the Poconos, Lancaster region, etc. Summers not quite as hot/humid. Plus, I am not a golfer (know that Augusta is home to one of USA's best golf courses; hosts major tournament).

Battle of Presidential hometowns of Bill Clinton & Jimmy Carter:

Hope, AR or Plains, GA ?
Plains Ga ...its in georgia

York PA or Vineland NJ?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM

7,065 posts, read 19,377,286 times
I guess York. Vineland is near the shore, but that's about all it has going for it.

Salisbury, MD or Florence, SC?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM

2,929 posts, read 1,908,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I guess York. Vineland is near the shore, but that's about all it has going for it.

Salisbury, MD or Florence, SC?

never been to either but I will go with Florence SC for better gun laws and lower cost of living.

Chattanooga, TN or Knoxville, TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City