Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 10:13 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Marana,AZ. I don't think I want to live around the Las Vegas area, and the Tucson area sounds nicer.

Boise, ID or Salt Lake City,UT?
I like both, but I'd choose SLC. Larger with more to do.

Kansas City or St. Louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 11:01 AM

755 posts, read 576,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post

Good One. Metro wise, either or. St.Louis is a larger metro, with more than the KC Metro but also has worse areas than the KC Metro. I'd rather visit St.Louis as it has better history, architecture, park system, etc. But in terms of where to live, Kansas City. KC has lower crime & better growth right now, so I choose it over St.Louis.

Speaking of St.Louis,
Livonia, MI or St.Charles, MO?

Old 08-25-2018, 02:21 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post

Kansas City. Somewhat safer than St. Louis and there is a bit of cowboy history to it.

Kansas City,MO or Kansas City,KS?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:31 PM

14,318 posts, read 9,202,721 times
Quote:
Kansas City. Somewhat safer than St. Louis and there is a bit of cowboy history to it.

Kansas City,MO or Kansas City,KS?
Now, we're getting nit-picky.

Well, not really. Just about any Kansas Citian would agree that the one in Missouri is the nicer one by far. (It's also the older and larger one, and it's the core city of the metro. Everyone, please copy.)

Of which speaking, ASJackson814: I actually think the "better park system" honor is Kansas City's, because the city's boulevards are part of the park system. These thoroughfares form a green lattice that few other cities in the country match (Louisville is one of KC's few peers in that regard.)

I'm also going to answer ASJackson814's toss-out: St. Charles, Mo. More history (it's Missouri's first capital), more charm in its center.

Lawrence, Kan., or Lincoln, Neb.?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:35 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Now, we're getting nit-picky.

Well, not really. Just about any Kansas Citian would agree that the one in Missouri is the nicer one by far. (It's also the older and larger one, and it's the core city of the metro. Everyone, please copy.)

Of which speaking, ASJackson814: I actually think the "better park system" honor is Kansas City's, because the city's boulevards are part of the park system. These thoroughfares form a green lattice that few other cities in the country match (Louisville is one of KC's few peers in that regard.)

I'm also going to answer ASJackson814's toss-out: St. Charles, Mo. More history (it's Missouri's first capital), more charm in its center.

Lawrence, Kan., or Lincoln, Neb.?
Lincoln, NE. Lincoln is larger.

Minneapolis, MN or St. Paul, MN?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:20 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Lincoln, NE. Lincoln is larger.

Minneapolis, MN or St. Paul, MN?
Minneapolis because it is better.

Cleveland, OH or Indianapolis, IN?

Old 08-26-2018, 06:35 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,240,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Minneapolis because it is better.

Cleveland, OH or Indianapolis, IN?
Cleveland due to its Great Lakes location and continued downtown revitalization.

Charleston, S.C. or Providence, R.I.?

Old 08-26-2018, 02:28 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,203,827 times
I feel a little bad because I don't know Providence well enough to decide with absolute certainty, but I will go with Charleston because I like it and it is already in my top 5 for smaller cities that I would like to live in.

Charleston, SC vs Louisville, KY?

Old 08-26-2018, 02:39 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,915,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I feel a little bad because I don't know Providence well enough to decide with absolute certainty, but I will go with Charleston because I like it and it is already in my top 5 for smaller cities that I would like to live in.

Charleston, SC vs Louisville, KY?
Both too HOT, but I will have to go with Louisville here because it has sort of a winter and has a lot to do.

Erie, Colorado or Erie, PA?

Old 08-26-2018, 02:49 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,443,757 times
Erie, Colorado because its closer to family

Ruidoso,New Mexico or Cloudcroft, New Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City