Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 PM

755 posts, read 576,826 times

Advertisements

Austin. Better growth & it has a decent tech scene. Plus no state tax

College Park, MD or Evanston, IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 09:50 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,203,827 times
Oooh nice one. Can I be back in college? If so, I think I would take College Park. I have only spent a brief amount of time there (and on the UM campus) but it struck me as a more fun, college-y feel than Evanston was. (Where I actually lived and studied) If I am a professional then perhaps I'd take Evanston but I kinda would rather not lol.

Berkeley, CA vs Boulder, CO?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,223,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Oooh nice one. Can I be back in college? If so, I think I would take College Park. I have only spent a brief amount of time there (and on the UM campus) but it struck me as a more fun, college-y feel than Evanston was. (Where I actually lived and studied) If I am a professional then perhaps I'd take Evanston but I kinda would rather not lol.

Berkeley, CA vs Boulder, CO?
Berkeley, CA

Boulder has a lot to recommend it, but I am much more familiar with the Bay Area having lived there for nearly 3 decades before moving further south in 2001. Berkeley is closer to water. The Bay is right there & the ocean is reasonably close. Know far more people near there; just 1 person in Colorado (but he is in Colorado Springs). If he was in Boulder and I was more familiar with the city, it would be a closer call. Berkeley has much better weather IMO.

Chico, CA or Tuscaloosa, AL?

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-09-2018 at 10:43 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 07:25 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,200,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Berkeley, CA

Boulder has a lot to recommend it, but I am much more familiar with the Bay Area having lived there for nearly 3 decades before moving further south in 2001. Berkeley is closer to water. The Bay is right there & the ocean is reasonably close. Know far more people near there; just 1 person in Colorado (but he is in Colorado Springs). If he was in Boulder and I was more familiar with the city, it would be a closer call. Berkeley has much better weather IMO.

Chico, CA or Tuscaloosa, AL?
Chico. I'm not Christian so I don't think I'd fare well in smaller towns in the south. Plus I don't care for the heat/humidity (night heat) or the culture . A quick escape to the mountains near Chico would be a nice break.

Iron Mountain, Ironwood, or Iron River, MI?

Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Chico. I'm not Christian so I don't think I'd fare well in smaller towns in the south. Plus I don't care for the heat/humidity (night heat) or the culture . A quick escape to the mountains near Chico would be a nice break.

Iron Mountain, Ironwood, or Iron River, MI?
Iron River, MI for the scenery.

Ferguson, MO or Charlottesville, VA?

Old 08-10-2018, 08:38 AM

655 posts, read 2,186,837 times
Charlottesville. Love that pedestrian mall, and it's quirkiness.

Portsmouth NH or Providence RI?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 AM

55 posts, read 38,347 times
Portsmouth, NH for the lower taxes.

Columbia, MO or Athens, GA?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:59 AM

23,556 posts, read 44,248,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTehGray View Post
Portsmouth, NH for the lower taxes.

Columbia, MO or Athens, GA?
Athens for its' arts scene and proximity to a major metro.

Corpus Christi, TX or Mobile, AL?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:29 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,441,678 times
Corpus cuz its in Texas

Atlanta, Georgia or Miami,Florida?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:43 AM

755 posts, read 576,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Corpus cuz its in Texas

Atlanta, Georgia or Miami,Florida?
I'd rather visit Miami with it's warm weather, great nightlife, beaches, & Latin American food. While it was a great city, I think Atlanta is more of my style. It has lower cost of living, I like it's weather more, a better tech scene, & I like how it's more African-American oriented rather than Latin American oriented. I think Atlanta has some attributes that are more common with some of my favorite U.S. cities such as part of NYC, Philly, & DC, whereas Miami is a complete departure from that style. Therefore I'd rather live in Atlanta.

Great Bend, KS or Lexington, NE?

Last edited by ASJackson814; 08-10-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City