Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 10:43 PM

4,147 posts, read 3,003,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Santa Fe! I lived in New Mexico before moving back East and left a part of my heart there. The distinct landscape, architecture and culture of Northern NM is unlike anything in the US. I do hear good things about Savannah, and I prefer the Eastern location and that it is lush and green. But I doubt I’d fit in well in most of Georgia or the South in general.

Nashua, NH or Ysplanti, MI?
Tough choice. Not a fan of frigid winters, but Nashua, for its proximity to Boston, a more vibrant city than Detroit.

Markham, Ontario or Naperville, Illinois?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,272,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Tough choice. Not a fan of frigid winters, but Nashua, for its proximity to Boston, a more vibrant city than Detroit.

Markham, Ontario or Naperville, Illinois?
Naperville. Close to Chicago.

Chicago vs Nashville

Old 03-25-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
Naperville. Close to Chicago.

Chicago vs Nashville
Nashville. Far better weather, central location, better scenery, and not as liberal.

Chicago or Toronto?

Old 03-25-2019, 04:04 PM

409 posts, read 338,833 times
Quote:
Nashville. Far better weather, central location, better scenery, and not as liberal.

Chicago or Toronto?
Damn. Probably the toughest choice for me. I've never been to either and they're both definitely high on my bucket list and have economic/social scenes that would rival most top global cities on the planet. Plus they both have some of the nicest skyscrapers ever. I feel like both cities are more similar than different.

But I'd have to pick Toronto. Seems more international/cosmopolitan, less corrupt (from what I heard) and the CN tower is a marvel along with all of the condo development.

Houston or Dallas?

Old 03-25-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
Damn. Probably the toughest choice for me. I've never been to either and they're both definitely high on my bucket list and have economic/social scenes that would rival most top global cities on the planet. Plus they both have some of the nicest skyscrapers ever. I feel like both cities are more similar than different.

But I'd have to pick Toronto. Seems more international/cosmopolitan, less corrupt (from what I heard) and the CN tower is a marvel along with all of the condo development.

Houston or Dallas?
Houston. I love the heat and humidity of the Gulf, and I'd rather have the hurricanes of Houston than the tornadoes and ice storms of Dallas. Houston is much greener, too, with pine forests and bayous.

Atlanta or Dallas?

Old 03-26-2019, 05:28 AM

10,785 posts, read 23,961,020 times
Quote:
Houston. I love the heat and humidity of the Gulf, and I'd rather have the hurricanes of Houston than the tornadoes and ice storms of Dallas. Houston is much greener, too, with pine forests and bayous.

Atlanta or Dallas?
Atlanta, an aesthetically nicer looking city on a prettier landscape. Georgia is also my favorite state in the south.

Bar Harbor, Maine or Breckenridge, Colorado?

Old 03-26-2019, 09:55 AM

256 posts, read 154,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Atlanta, an aesthetically nicer looking city on a prettier landscape. Georgia is also my favorite state in the south.

Bar Harbor, Maine or Breckenridge, Colorado?
REALLY tough choice. Both have great scenery and weather (in my opinion). My gut is telling me Breckenridge but it's a really close call.

Amarillo, TX or Flagstaff, AZ?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:34 AM

55 posts, read 38,500 times
Flagstaff is a way better choice obviously

Stevens Point, WI or Pittsburg, KS?

Old 03-26-2019, 12:59 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,921,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTehGray View Post
Flagstaff is a way better choice obviously

Stevens Point, WI or Pittsburg, KS?
Stevens Point seems like a nicer city in a nicer overall region but the cold and snowy winters are a big turn-off to me. Pittsburg has enough redeeming qualities (aside from the weather) that I think I could make it work there. PGH minus the H for me.

Casper, WY or North Platte, NE?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:31 PM

10,785 posts, read 23,961,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Stevens Point seems like a nicer city in a nicer overall region but the cold and snowy winters are a big turn-off to me. Pittsburg has enough redeeming qualities (aside from the weather) that I think I could make it work there. PGH minus the H for me.

Casper, WY or North Platte, NE?
Both are in the middle nowhere, but I would go with Casper since Wyoming is a much more scenic state.

New London, CT or Concord, NH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City