Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,108,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Elizabeth, because it's an inner suburb of NYC, which is more interesting than Chicago.

Idaho Falls, Idaho or Mandeville, Louisiana? And why?
Mandeville - Due to proximity near New Orleans, which has long been one of my favorite cities. I prefer humid over dry, and wetlands over mountains. If I ever have to leave Michigan I will go south, not west.

Denver or Portland OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 04:43 AM

10,773 posts, read 23,907,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Mandeville - Due to proximity near New Orleans, which has long been one of my favorite cities. I prefer humid over dry, and wetlands over mountains. If I ever have to leave Michigan I will go south, not west.

Denver or Portland OR?
I like both cities and have regularly visited both a good number of times. I feel like I've already lived out my mountain west experience having spent seven years in New Mexico and Denver was my go to big city at the time. I'd prefer to near in greenery of the Pacific NW and have access to the coast of Oregon. Portland is a better city to be in for walking, has a nicer downtown with more interesting neighborhoods, and better parks (though Denver has great parks too). I choose Portland.

Seattle, WA or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 03-13-2019, 05:29 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,200,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I like both cities and have regularly visited both a good number of times. I feel like I've already lived out my mountain west experience having spent seven years in New Mexico and Denver was my go to big city at the time. I'd prefer to near in greenery of the Pacific NW and have access to the coast of Oregon. Portland is a better city to be in for walking, has a nicer downtown with more interesting neighborhoods, and better parks (though Denver has great parks too). I choose Portland.

Seattle, WA or Philadelphia, PA?
Tough one. I'd take either. I like the density, grittiness, and it's location on the Bos-Wash of Philadelphia but I can't pass up Seattle's location on water, proximity to Canada and the Olympic Peninsula. Seattle it is.

Portland, ME or Eugene, OR?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:35 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Tough one. I'd take either. I like the density, grittiness, and it's location on the Bos-Wash of Philadelphia but I can't pass up Seattle's location on water, proximity to Canada and the Olympic Peninsula. Seattle it is.

Portland, ME or Eugene, OR?
Eugene for me... I prefer the warmer climate, plethora of outdoor activities, and major university presence to what Portland offers.

Yakima, WA or Greeley, CO?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:58 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Eugene for me... I prefer the warmer climate, plethora of outdoor activities, and major university presence to what Portland offers.

Yakima, WA or Greeley, CO?
I wouldn't want to live in either, but I'll take Greeley due to its proximity to Denver.

Albany, NY or Allentown, PA?

Old 03-13-2019, 11:50 AM

256 posts, read 153,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I wouldn't want to live in either, but I'll take Greeley due to its proximity to Denver.

Albany, NY or Allentown, PA?
I feel like I would like Allentown better, though I would prefer it to be in western PA.

Augusta, GA or Dayton, OH?

Old 03-13-2019, 03:53 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,989,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
I feel like I would like Allentown better, though I would prefer it to be in western PA.

Augusta, GA or Dayton, OH?
Augusta. Just in a more economically vibrant state, better weather, and close to Savannah.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:22 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,443,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Augusta. Just in a more economically vibrant state, better weather, and close to Savannah.
what is the next two cities?

Old 03-14-2019, 03:38 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,108,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
what is the next two cities?
Just restart the game when someone forgets the format.

Restart:

Louisville or Indy?

Old 03-14-2019, 05:21 AM

10,773 posts, read 23,907,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Just restart the game when someone forgets the format.

Restart:

Louisville or Indy?
Haven't been to either but from what I've picked up on here on C-D Louisville seems more interesting and less vanilla than Indianapolis. I'll go with Louisville.

Rapid, City SD or Fayetteville, AR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City