Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 08:41 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,475,029 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque because of lower taxes and its in New Mexico

Pueblo, Colorado or Amarillo, Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 05:16 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,919,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Albuquerque because of lower taxes and its in New Mexico

Pueblo, Colorado or Amarillo, Texas?
Pueblo... It's a (slowly) emerging city in Colorado that has a lot of interesting places/activities within an hour or two of it. Amarillo is too isolated for my liking as well.

Dayton, OH or Rochester, NY?

Old 10-28-2019, 05:31 AM

1,819 posts, read 1,986,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Pueblo... It's a (slowly) emerging city in Colorado that has a lot of interesting places/activities within an hour or two of it. Amarillo is too isolated for my liking as well.

Dayton, OH or Rochester, NY?
Rochester. Better corporate presence, more scenic in terms of being near Lake Ontario as well as hills, bigger Italian/Polish ethnic communities, easy weekend getaway to Niagara Falls.

Ozone Park, NY or Alhambra, CA?

Old 10-28-2019, 09:29 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,587,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Rochester. Better corporate presence, more scenic in terms of being near Lake Ontario as well as hills, bigger Italian/Polish ethnic communities, easy weekend getaway to Niagara Falls.

Ozone Park, NY or Alhambra, CA?
Alhambra. I find LA metro is more livable than NYC metro. Wouldn't want to live in either one. But between the two, Alhambra.

Louisville, KY or Virginia, Beach, VA?

Old 10-28-2019, 10:56 AM

413 posts, read 327,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Alhambra. I find LA metro is more livable than NYC metro. Wouldn't want to live in either one. But between the two, Alhambra.

Louisville, KY or Virginia, Beach, VA?
Virginia Beach for proximity to the ocean, although I can imagine the bluegrass area around Louisville would also be lovely.

Springfield, MO or Springfield, IL?

Old 10-28-2019, 12:27 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,919,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Virginia Beach for proximity to the ocean, although I can imagine the bluegrass area around Louisville would also be lovely.

Springfield, MO or Springfield, IL?
Springfield, MO... Larger city/metro, in a more interesting region for outdoor activities and entertainment, and it also has Missouri State D1 athletics.

Nashville, TN or Pittsburgh, PA?

Old 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Springfield, MO... Larger city/metro, in a more interesting region for outdoor activities and entertainment, and it also has Missouri State D1 athletics.

Nashville, TN or Pittsburgh, PA?
Nashville for sure. Pittsburgh is a has been city.

San Antonio, TX or Providence, RI?

Old 10-28-2019, 03:20 PM

14,367 posts, read 9,270,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Nashville for sure. Pittsburgh is a has been city.

San Antonio, TX or Providence, RI?
Both of those cities have made their downtowns interesting by dressing up the rivers that run through them: Providence, by uncovering it and putting torches in it, and San Antonio, by building an attractive promenade lined with restaurants and shops alongside it.

Put the Paseo del Rio in Providence and I'd be a happy camper. But the Paseo del Rio would look out of place in Providence. Guess I'll have to do without it, then, for while Providence is smaller, it's in a more densely settled part of the country, with lots of interesting places to go nearby as well as in it.

Overland Park, Kan., or Tysons Corner, Va.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:48 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Both of those cities have made their downtowns interesting by dressing up the rivers that run through them: Providence, by uncovering it and putting torches in it, and San Antonio, by building an attractive promenade lined with restaurants and shops alongside it.

Put the Paseo del Rio in Providence and I'd be a happy camper. But the Paseo del Rio would look out of place in Providence. Guess I'll have to do without it, then, for while Providence is smaller, it's in a more densely settled part of the country, with lots of interesting places to go nearby as well as in it.

Overland Park, Kan., or Tysons Corner, Va.
Tysons Corner. I like the development going on. OP is very suburban looking.

Madison, AL or Farragut, TN?

Old 10-28-2019, 08:59 PM

256 posts, read 154,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tysons Corner. I like the development going on. OP is very suburban looking.

Madison, AL or Farragut, TN?
Farragut. I like Huntsville, but there's no place on earth that I'd rather be than eastern Tennessee.

West Lafayette, IN or College Station, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City