Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 05:13 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Buffalo. I like both, but Buffalo has a little more to offer.

Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE?
Omaha... Hard for me to really distinguish between these two places but my choice is mainly due to Omaha being in a more populous metro area by a few hundred thousand people.

Bemidji, MN or Kalispell, MT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 06:23 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Omaha... Hard for me to really distinguish between these two places but my choice is mainly due to Omaha being in a more populous metro area by a few hundred thousand people.

Bemidji, MN or Kalispell, MT?
Actually, those are 2 of the better small towns in America. Nice comparison. I'll go with Kalispell. I like the topography better.

Boone, NC or Penn Yan, NY?

Old 10-21-2019, 07:07 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Actually, those are 2 of the better small towns in America. Nice comparison. I'll go with Kalispell. I like the topography better.

Boone, NC or Penn Yan, NY?
Boone... I prefer Penn Yan's location in Upstate NY, but both towns are still pretty isolated and at least Boone is a little bit bigger with a good sized university in the town.

San Jose, CA or Tampa Bay, FL?

Old 10-21-2019, 07:30 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Boone... I prefer Penn Yan's location in Upstate NY, but both towns are still pretty isolated and at least Boone is a little bit bigger with a good sized university in the town.

San Jose, CA or Tampa Bay, FL?
Tampa Bay, hands down. One of my favorite places in the U.S. I lived in the Orlando area for a year and love that whole Tampa Bay/Orlando corridor. Enormous amounts of things to do, access to Orlando's offerings, and an affordable. There is nothing that would ever inspire me to live anywhere in the Bay Area for a multitude of reasons.

Knoxville, TN or Scranton, PA?

Old 10-21-2019, 08:45 AM

1,098 posts, read 910,650 times
Quote:
Tampa Bay, hands down. One of my favorite places in the U.S. I lived in the Orlando area for a year and love that whole Tampa Bay/Orlando corridor. Enormous amounts of things to do, access to Orlando's offerings, and an affordable. There is nothing that would ever inspire me to live anywhere in the Bay Area for a multitude of reasons.

Knoxville, TN or Scranton, PA?
Knoxville, TN. As much as I don't like the idea of living in the south, it's a college town with a warmer climate and close to an awesome national park. Scranton sounds kind of depressing.

Charlottesville, VA vs. Eugene, OR

Last edited by Jame22; 10-21-2019 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-21-2019, 10:18 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,963,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Knoxville, TN. As much as I don't like the idea of living in the south, it's a college town with a warmer climate and close to an awesome national park. Scranton sounds kind of depressing.

Charlottesville, VA vs. Eugene, OR
Eugene--university town, not far from Portland, and not much further to Seattle, Pacific Ocean right at hand..

Montpelier, VT vs. Concord, NH

Old 10-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Eugene--university town, not far from Portland, and not much further to Seattle, Pacific Ocean right at hand..

Montpelier, VT vs. Concord, NH
Concord, NH..Larger for whatever that's worth (40,000+ vs 7,000) and much closer to Boston and the Atlantic Ocean. I guess Montpelier is closer to Montreal but I really could't imagine living in a town of less than 10,000

Jersey City, NJ vs. Cleveland, OH

Old 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
I have actually never been to Jersey City, but I think I would like it. On a metro level this is obviously no comparison. I'll take Jersey.

Houston vs DC

Old 10-21-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I have actually never been to Jersey City, but I think I would like it. On a metro level this is obviously no comparison. I'll take Jersey.

Houston vs DC
I love Texas but I'll take DC on this one. More aesthetically pleasing environment & the weather is more balanced. I'm sure both cities have amazing food.

Tampa, FL vs. Portland, OR

Old 10-21-2019, 04:08 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
I love Texas but I'll take DC on this one. More aesthetically pleasing environment & the weather is more balanced. I'm sure both cities have amazing food.

Tampa, FL vs. Portland, OR
Tampa anyday. Portland is the worst extreme of polarized cities.

Richmond, VA or Olympia, WA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City