Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 04:40 PM

10,782 posts, read 23,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
hmm, Tampa for the beaches

Las Cruces, NM or Boulder City, NV
Las Cruces, more charm and local character, the Organ Mountains that backdrop the valley where Cruces is are IMO the most scenic range in New Mexico. Been there a few times for some enjoyable visits,, great food, and nearby White Sands is pretty awesome.

Yuma, AZ or Wasilla, AK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 06:52 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,208,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Las Cruces, more charm and local character, the Organ Mountains that backdrop the valley where Cruces is are IMO the most scenic range in New Mexico. Been there a few times for some enjoyable visits,, great food, and nearby White Sands is pretty awesome.

Yuma, AZ or Wasilla, AK?
Wasilla. As long as the wacko Palin family stays away from me. I'd MUCH rather be in a cold environment and on water than in the hot dry desert.

Madison, WI or Columbus, OH?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,969,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Wasilla. As long as the wacko Palin family stays away from me. I'd MUCH rather be in a cold environment and on water than in the hot dry desert.

Madison, WI or Columbus, OH?
Madison,especially since I once lived there. Very pleasant city, state capital, UW-Madison, etc..

Cleveland, OH vs. Milwaukee, WI

Old 10-14-2019, 11:29 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,486,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Madison,especially since I once lived there. Very pleasant city, state capital, UW-Madison, etc..

Cleveland, OH vs. Milwaukee, WI
Cleveland. While it’s been 20+ years since I’ve been to either, I liked Cleveland better than Milwaukee. Not only that, you’re much closer to the East Coast, like half the distance. This would be huge for my wife. I’ve also been told the surfing in Cleveland is better than Milwaukee, lol.

suburban Detroit vs suburban Dallas.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:38 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,584,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Cleveland. While it’s been 20+ years since I’ve been to either, I liked Cleveland better than Milwaukee. Not only that, you’re much closer to the East Coast, like half the distance. This would be huge for my wife. I’ve also been told the surfing in Cleveland is better than Milwaukee, lol.

suburban Detroit vs suburban Dallas.
I like the suburban areas around Detroit, but still prefer Dallas'. Would also rather be in the DFW area as well.

Greensboro, NC or Greenville, SC?

Old 10-14-2019, 07:17 PM

9,736 posts, read 9,520,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I like the suburban areas around Detroit, but still prefer Dallas'. Would also rather be in the DFW area as well.

Greensboro, NC or Greenville, SC?

Greensboro by a nose. More job opportunities and more progressive state.

Little Rock, AR or Ft. Wayne, IN?

Old 10-14-2019, 10:52 PM

650 posts, read 456,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Greensboro by a nose. More job opportunities and more progressive state.

Little Rock, AR or Ft. Wayne, IN?
I am gonna go with Little Rock as Indiana is not a state I would want to reside in to be honest.

How about Grand Forks, North Dakota vs Austin, Texas?

Old 10-14-2019, 10:55 PM

8,610 posts, read 4,855,352 times
Austin fa sho! Traffic is AWFUL but it’s a hip place in maybe the geographically nicest part of Texas.

St. Louis V. Baltimore

Old 10-15-2019, 09:02 AM

812 posts, read 800,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Austin fa sho! Traffic is AWFUL but it’s a hip place in maybe the geographically nicest part of Texas.

St. Louis V. Baltimore
Yuck, what a choice!

I would have to say St. Louis because it is closer to the west. Baltimore sounds like it has more crime too, although I haven't really researched that.

Ashland, OR vs. Sedona, AZ?

Old 10-15-2019, 12:17 PM

256 posts, read 154,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Yuck, what a choice!

I would have to say St. Louis because it is closer to the west. Baltimore sounds like it has more crime too, although I haven't really researched that.

Ashland, OR vs. Sedona, AZ?
I'll say Ashland. I think many areas of Arizona are beautiful, but Sedona isn't quite my cup of tea, and it seems a bit too touristy as well. Ashland looks beautiful and the climate is more agreeable as well.

Knoxville, TN or Huntsville, AL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City