Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pacific Coast Beaches vs Atlantic Coast Beaches
Pacific Coast 30 38.46%
Atlantic Coast 48 61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:38 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
I don't need to do that since we both know people spend a vanishingly small time in the water in San Diego. My parents won't even enter, it's too cold for them year-round. Some younger people, who enter without wet-suits, do so to feel some waves and then they exit.

I don't need to whistle for them to exit
Well considering I've actually swam in the ocean there more than you I'm sure and have been surrounded by the same people also swimming for well over 10-15+ minutes that simply isn't true. Feel free to ask this in the San Diego forum as well and see what people think.

Get your whistle

Old 01-25-2016, 02:39 PM

699 posts, read 610,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well considering I've actually swam in the ocean there more than you I'm sure and have been surrounded by the same people also swimming for well over 10-15+ minutes that simply isn't true. Feel free to ask this in the San Diego forum as well and see what people think.

Get your whistle
I very much doubt it, since unlike you I lived on the ocean.

Quote:
70F(21C) Water feels quite cold to most people. Treat any water temperature below 70F (21C) with caution.
National Center for Cold Water Safety - What is Cold Water?

Old 01-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I very much doubt it, since unlike you I lived on the ocean.

National Center for Cold Water Safety - What is Cold Water?
Like on a boat in the open ocean? Tell us more.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...arm-sunny.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...mperature.html

SWIMMING AND WATER TEMPERATURE INDEX

Can you find a local San Diego thread supporting your claims? Please share.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:46 PM

699 posts, read 610,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Like on a boat in the open ocean? Tell us more.

Can you find a local San Diego thread supporting your claims? Please share.
Lol why do I need to? I posted several links, all supporting what I said, and they don't link back to posts from CD homers

If you think 70 degrees is warm or comfortable you're either

1)Ignorant. Most common variant. Equating air temperatures with water temperatures.
2)A homer. Because you'd have to admit the water temps off San Diego are chilliest at their best, and dangerous at their worst.

No one is comfortable in 70 degrees. Some people may like swimming in 70 degree water, not because it's "comfortable" but because they like to push their bodies.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:49 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,438,156 times
Nobody Is comfortable in your heat.
Only delusional Homers would think that.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Lol why do I need to? I posted several links, all supporting what I said, and they don't link back to posts from CD homers

1)Ignorant. Most common variant. Equating air temperatures with water temperatures.
2)A homer. Because you'd have to admit the water temps off San Diego are chilliest at their best, and dangerous at their worst.

No one is comfortable in 70 degrees. Some people may like swimming in 70 degree water, not because it's "comfortable" but because they like to push their bodies.
So you can't find any threads in the San Diego forum that support your absurd claims? Not surprised

Old 01-25-2016, 02:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,762 times
Quote:
Yeah, in August there are when it's warm.

But the water isn't 70 degrees then. It's more like 77. And people are still a bit nippy.

But in June when the water is around 70 in La Jolla cover? Just lol, no one is there.
Umm, it's rarely 77 degrees in La Jolla. During El Niño years, yes, but average? Hardly.

SoCal water temps max out around 70 in most every year. So your completely flat out wrong there and you can look at the table here:

https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/cwtg/spac.html

The fact that people still extensively use the water even just in the summer months when temps are, on average, between 65-70 degrees shows how sadly misinformed you are.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:53 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
I don't think people arguing that 70°F is comfortable, just that it's tolerable for swimming. Most people at the beach get out of the water off an on and when the waves come out, much of their body isn't on the water.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
If you're going to die within 4 hours. Even the first 10 minutes won't be comfortable.

Anyone can be a homer - and claim they like 70 degrees to win some silly CD thread. And anyone can be ignorant and think 70 degree water is warm - because they think it should be warm.

I'm here to keep you honest
Lol. Anyone can be a homer, but there can only be one as delusional as you.

Btw, your posts, vocabulary, even down to some specific life experiences you've had are remarkably similar to a trollish poster we had once by the name of SDPmiami. Funny that he was banned/deleted his account 1 week before you created yours. You guys even have the same smug attitude.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:

If this is your argument, then you are arguing semantics severely. Do you even remember what the OP was about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City