Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 09:42 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,226,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
While all cities have severe winters, Cleveland and Buffalo are warmer but with a lot more snow than the other three. Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit, while still getting a lot of snow, get less snow than Cleveland and Buffalo. On the other hand, those three get much colder and windier. All cities have fairly mild summers, but all are capable of getting very hot and humid.
Buffalo is not warmer than Detroit, Detroit is warmer. And Lol at "much colder"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit#Climate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buff...w_York#Climate

Last edited by North 42; 05-29-2016 at 09:54 AM..

Old 05-29-2016, 09:51 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,859,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Oh that's right because no other city has hosted the RNC....you think now because you are hosting the RNC you are relevant?! Outside of Ohio most people couldn't tell you anything about Cleveland other than Lebron plays there, you guys have a horrid football team, and subpar baseball team. Hasn't it been like 50 years since Cleveland won any type of championship?! Not even in sports has the city been making history. It's a has been city with a cool urban vibe and cool architecture. I think Cleveland is better than buffalo but really that's not saying much....I think people attack Cleveland here because of the boosters you all make it seem like it's more important than it is.
I wish I could rep this more than once.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:31 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
This article mentions that Cleveland and its people tend to have low self esteem and insecurities to their city: Biggest blow from United hub loss could be to Cleveland's self-confidence, tourism leader says | cleveland.com

Anyway. Cleveland is an average city with crappy winters like the rest of the midwest who cares.

Weak, flights to your city are declining too!!!!
It's sad that you are so focused on a city that you obviously know almost nothing about.

Wherever you live, I believe Chicago, must be an incredibly depressing place Full Of bitter people who can't stand the idea of someone somewhere else, especially in Cleveland not hating their city and their life in it. I don't know why this is such an affront to you, I can only hope that one day you leave this place that makes you so nasty. Chicago must not have a lot going on that you feel the need to condescend other people on Memorial Day weekend of all times. It sounds like you need a hobby.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:05 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
^Completely agree. If the poster was stating facts that I felt needed correcting, I would've and have correct. But this is just obvious and blatant trolling from someone who clearly has nothing better to do. So personally, I plan to ignore any future similar posts.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:11 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,822,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
It's sad that you are so focused on a city that you obviously know almost nothing about.

Wherever you live, I believe Chicago, must be an incredibly depressing place Full Of bitter people who can't stand the idea of someone somewhere else, especially in Cleveland not hating their city and their life in it. I don't know why this is such an affront to you, I can only hope that one day you leave this place that makes you so nasty. Chicago must not have a lot going on that you feel the need to condescend other people on Memorial Day weekend of all times. It sounds like you need a hobby.
Actually I have had a great time. The weather is great. I took my little siblings to go see X-Men yesterday and took them out for pizza. Today I, played Tennis, had breakfast with my mom in the West Loop via alfresco, stopped by at a street festival with some friends in Lakeview, went to visit my sister and we walked to the farmer's market for a bit, took a nap, and now heading to a BBQ and then Game of Thrones. It's been a great but busy day!

Chicago is actually full of really positive and good people. What's it's not full of is people who pretend that Chicago is greater than it actually is. We know our place in the nation and the world. We tend not be so insecure about the status of our city. Instead we enjoy what the city has to offer. I mean West Loop, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Pilsen, Logan Square, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Square, Andersonville, Downtown, South Loop, so many great places to hang out in the city. I am sure it's hard for you to comprehend that there is so much to do here and keeps people in engaged and happy in the city, seeing as Cleveland has what, only 1 or 2 neighborhoods at best that can compete with anything Chicago has to offer? I think Cleveland even has a hard time competing with Cincy, since they have Covington, Over-The-Rhine, Mt. Adams, and nice downtown, and quite a few cool other neighborhoods.

On your end you must be fairly ignorant to think that Chicagoans are all bitter people, but hey that's your opinion, so you are totally valid in having that thought. Alright I have to run. I hope you have a great remainder of your holiday weekend!

Old 05-29-2016, 03:16 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
My point was that your posts in the linked thread demonstrated decisively that you aren't a very objective poster. Others can read the thread and see if I'm correct in my conclusion.

I posted links showing that the likes of the National Geographic view the pastoral rolling
Allegheny foothills as world-class, but that is "nonsense" to the likes of you.

You're just another of the Cleveland-bashing trolls who get their feathers ruffled when we refuse to concede that the likes of Buffalo is superior to Cleveland, a laughable assertion for anybody who knows anything about the two cities.

Cleveland is a highly spiced city compared to a salty Buffalo, to use your analogy.

It's been recognized as a top destination, even among global options.

Another string of positive media stories on Cleveland

Oh, yeah, while many Americans couldn't even name the top NHL hockey players, LeBron James is one of the most recognized athletes in the world. He just signed a $1 billion Nike contract.

And nobody wastes their time suing idiots.

Heck, Cleveland has an open container, "To Go" law in its downtown, with its great entertainment/dining districts that have no peers in downtown Buffalo. I rarely mention it, as I don't think it's that meaningful. Does Buffalo have a similar law?

An open container law may be a more meaningful drinking privilege for those partying between establishments than a 4 a.m. call, which likely matters most to drunks, in my experience.
Here you go again with your novels. Nowhere in the Cleveland CSA has some of the best rural areas in America.

LOL Cleveland is not "spiced." Buffalo wings are spicy. Cleveland has the identity of a loaf of bread.

Downtown Cleveland has no open container law. Sounds to me you're twisting what the ordinance says. Currently, it doesn't exist and might never in downtown Cleveland. A couple small spots might get it. But Clevelanders will not party harder and later than Buffalonians. You can talk about how meaningless late last calls are all you want, but nightlife = NIGHTlife. Tell NY and Miami late last calls don't matter. If it doesn't matter, why is Cleveland considering a 4am last call for the RNC?

Last edited by joeyg2014; 05-29-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 05-29-2016, 03:26 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,973 times
A lot of people just don't get Cleveland. We are a very unique city, with a unique ethnic identity and culture. We are also one of the best cities in which to live in the entire county, provided all of our world class amenities, Great Lake, natural resources, and acclaimed restaurants, combined with the low cost of living. It's too bad that so many judge based on outdated stereotypes.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
A lot of people just don't get Cleveland. We are a very unique city, with a unique ethnic identity and culture. We are also one of the best cities in which to live in the entire county, provided all of our world class amenities, Great Lake, natural resources, and acclaimed restaurants, combined with the low cost of living. It's too bad that so many judge based on outdated stereotypes.
It's sad you are so delusional. It's boosters like you that hurt the image of Cleveland more than help it. You co e off as very delusional.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:05 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post

It just doesn't sound right to hear this coming from Clevelanders.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
It just doesn't sound right to hear this coming from Clevelanders.
This is my point exactly. They act as if Cleveland is a premier urban city when in reality it's very average. I sense they must have not traveled much.

Also the city is just a little more than 85% black and white, with Latinos just 10% and Asians at 2% yet it's such an ethnic city according to a poster. Give me a break, Milwaukee has more diversity than Cleveland for crying out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City