Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city?
Los Angeles 94 42.34%
New York City 128 57.66%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
But they aren't the only ones going "nuts" during the summer either way. Again don't really see what it matters where the energy comes from whether it be locals or tourists. Are you under the impression that only tourists come from warmer weather or something?
No, just saying what I thought the poster was getting at. But fair enough. Let's hope the Warriors complete a sweep tonight, so that SF can get extra vibrant with its summer fun.

Quote:
Makes sense, the heat is at least consistent unlike winter where it seems to be a crap shoot and an arctic air mass can make things freezing anytime. Plus school is out like everywhere else.
Looks like we can at least confirm that warm weather is better for activity than cold weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 07:05 PM

403 posts, read 363,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Warm cities or cities with good weather tend to be the most boring in warm months. Cold cities tend to have more exciting warm months.

Cold cities are ready to go nuts when it’s hot outside while in warm cities it’s the same ole same ole. That’s been my observation!
Haha once it start getting warm in NYC, it seems like everyone and their moms are out! Love the energy it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Those months are probably a good split for the time to live in New York City and the rest to be when you live in Los Angeles. I'd also take December in NYC if I knew I was going to be out for the next three months. It’d give LA some time for some rain to flush the streets and green things up a bit and the holiday season in New York is more interesting.

Also, good beaches are more accessible in New York City than Los Angeles. You can get to them via many different ways, there is a lot of variation among the beaches/waterfronts, and the water temperature usually feels just right in the summer.
Oh true.. Christmas in nyc is very festive. But after Dec I am ready for warm weather haha.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:07 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
No, just saying what I thought the poster was getting at. But fair enough. Let's hope the Warriors complete a sweep tonight, so that SF can get extra vibrant with its summer fun.

Looks like we can at least confirm that warm weather is better for activity than cold weather.
The Warriors play in Oakland.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:07 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
10 million will get you a beautiful home in the Hollywood Hills, I personally feel like the Hollywood Hills is the best area to have money in this country.

You can get a beautiful home overlooking the LA basin with the Pacific on one side, and downtown on the other.

My dream home would be hanging off a cliff with a glass porch, i envy the folks that are lucky enough to live up there. NYC is pretty epic, but there's really not much of natural beauty.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...08_rect/12_zm/
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...36_rect/13_zm/

Here are some examples of the views.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:55 AM

398 posts, read 382,119 times
As someone who has lived in both cities, I can assure you NYC is far, far better than LA. Los Mangeles is easily the WORST major city in North America…

Horrific car traffic? Check.
Horrific sprawl? Check.
Horrific air quality? Check.
No foot traffic/pedestrian culture? Check.
A competitive and cutthroat culture ("crabs in a bucket mentality")? Check.
Tribal/insular social life? Check.
A pathetic 2 AM closing time? Check.
Full of fake, slimy, immoral people (LAnd of Snakes, as J. Cole would put it)? Check.
Flakiest women of any city in North America? Check.
Bad ratios? Check.
Having to wake up at 9 AM to watch sports games? Check.
Highest poverty rate of any of the 25 largest metro areas? Check.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-city-men.html
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/0...alifornia.html

Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
As someone who has lived in both cities, I can assure you NYC is far, far better than LA. Los Mangeles is easily the WORST major city in North America…

Horrific car traffic? Check.
Horrific sprawl? Check.
Horrific air quality? Check.
No foot traffic/pedestrian culture? Check.
A competitive and cutthroat culture ("crabs in a bucket mentality")? Check.
Tribal/insular social life? Check.
A pathetic 2 AM closing time? Check.
Full of fake, slimy, immoral people (LAnd of Snakes, as J. Cole would put it)? Check.
Flakiest women of any city in North America? Check.
Bad ratios? Check.
Having to wake up at 9 AM to watch sports games? Check.
Highest poverty rate of any of the 25 largest metro areas? Check.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-city-men.html
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/0...alifornia.html
Those are mostly heavily exaggerated.

It's actually got quite a bit going for it besides very moderate weather. It's also a massive city and metropolitan area, so experiences can vary a lot depending on neighborhood and the people you're around.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:31 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
LA feels better, the cool air off the Pacific. Even in that time range LA has much better weather. NY is still drab, hard to get around in and a bit of a one trick pony!?!

Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 AM

295 posts, read 355,535 times
NY is a complete joke. LA will soon become largest city in our great country as well as continent. Keep note that LA metro area is empty from Palm Springs to Arizona border.

LA is superior to NY in many ways. One being weather. Another being it has every landscape on the planet at its finger tips.

As Muslim American, LA has better Halal restaurants than NY.

LA is the future of our great country. NY is overrated, dirty, old and cold.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:09 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
LA feels better, the cool air off the Pacific. Even in that time range LA has much better weather. NY is still drab, hard to get around in and a bit of a one trick pony!?!
But you can get around by trains and boats and all kinds of other things when you don’t want to deal with traffic. What’s the one trick NYC has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
NY is a complete joke. LA will soon become largest city in our great country as well as continent. Keep note that LA metro area is empty from Palm Springs to Arizona border.

LA is superior to NY in many ways. One being weather. Another being it has every landscape on the planet at its finger tips.

As Muslim American, LA has better Halal restaurants than NY.

LA is the future of our great country. NY is overrated, dirty, old and cold.
NYC has been adding more people yearly than LA has on a city level though I can see LA eventually adding more since LA the city covers quite a bit of land.

What are some of the great halal restaurants in LA? I don’t eat halal, but I’ve been on a Yemeni and Uzbek kick, and am already a big fan of Lebanese.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:11 AM

1,631 posts, read 2,386,392 times
It is so funny that Codeadick guy is still bitter about los angeles all these years. If you ever read his past post, he goes on and on about the women in LA. I didnt look at the name when reading the post, but when someone gets super negative of a city, I knew it was that guy. Geez. Cant believe someone can still that bitter. Most people are like whatever about a city. Might say a couple negative things. But that guy.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City