Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 PM

91 posts, read 119,861 times

Advertisements

Hi Jay Vanderbilt I know that this is an old post. I've been busy visiting New York & taking care of other business so this is the first that I've seen your post when I received it in my e-mail on the page with one of my responses. I pcdon't know what gave you the opinion that Chicago is a big little city, that the people are behind in their dressing or do not dress stylish. This has never been true. I don't know what part of the city you were on for a period of time to form those ideas. Anyone who has ever spent a good amount of time in Chicago or lived long enough knows that it is not true that Chicagoans know that saying the people do not have style or knowledge of style is such an untrue & honestly ridiculous statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 03:18 PM

91 posts, read 119,861 times
Cpomp I am sorry, but your assessment is incorrect. If you were a resident or spent ample time in Chicago you would realize that your comments contradict Ling what I said on my post which I have witnessed over a life time appear to be opinions of someone who feels that they are more knowledgeable of several cities judgement from what sounds like a sample visit of time and people. I stand by by years of educated knowledge & observation of the city which I grew up in. I witnessed the changes from style to style. Many people realize that they are only receiving a snap shot of the city & the people depending on which side of the city they spend time on. Although I am a traveler versed in style & people, I do assume that I am more knowledgeable than the life long resident whereas I contradict them as an authority.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:05 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajones3 View Post
Hi Jay Vanderbilt I know that this is an old post. I've been busy visiting New York & taking care of other business so this is the first that I've seen your post when I received it in my e-mail on the page with one of my responses. I pcdon't know what gave you the opinion that Chicago is a big little city, that the people are behind in their dressing or do not dress stylish. This has never been true. I don't know what part of the city you were on for a period of time to form those ideas. Anyone who has ever spent a good amount of time in Chicago or lived long enough knows that it is not true that Chicagoans know that saying the people do not have style or knowledge of style is such an untrue & honestly ridiculous statement
No offense, but it’s kinda true. I’ve been to Chicago, but more so I’ve known plenty of people that have moved from there to San Diego, and they stand out like a sore thumb until they get with the program, some never do. It’s very similar to when I went to college in Michigan, everyone seemed a few years off.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:01 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,895,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
No offense, but it’s kinda true. I’ve been to Chicago, but more so I’ve known plenty of people that have moved from there to San Diego, and they stand out like a sore thumb until they get with the program, some never do. It’s very similar to when I went to college in Michigan, everyone seemed a few years off.
You do know, that everyone in the US, I mean EVERYONE, has access to the Internet, and styles available (it's called Amazon). Please spare us your expertise....I lived in Chicago, and would very much beg to differ with you. Problem is, you can say anything you want on a forum such as this, and none of it may have any merit. I have a young man living in Wisconsin, down the street from where we currently live, and he moved here from Orange County. His style leaves a LOT to be desired.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:22 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
You do know, that everyone in the US, I mean EVERYONE, has access to the Internet, and styles available (it's called Amazon). Please spare us your expertise....I lived in Chicago, and would very much beg to differ with you. Problem is, you can say anything you want on a forum such as this, and none of it may have any merit. I have a young man living in Wisconsin, down the street from where we currently live, and he moved here from Orange County. His style leaves a LOT to be desired.
Ok. Fashion from amazon. Just because you can buy it doesn’t mean anything. Fashion trends mostly start in California through tv and movies, and New York with high fashion, and works it way inland. This shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:45 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajones3 View Post
Hi Jay Vanderbilt... I don't know what gave you the opinion that Chicago is a big little city, that the people are behind in their dressing or do not dress stylish. This has never been true
Agree, and it depends on what part of Chicago in which they lived.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM

178 posts, read 175,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Get with the program? Lol Chicago has more style and sophistication in one finger than all of San Diego buddy lol. Southern California dress like crap lmao see how that works?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:39 AM

574 posts, read 690,166 times
To say we have no style is silly. Last time I checked, Chicago has the same clothing and designer stores as other large cities and has more quantity of those stores than any place outside of NYC and LA. I guess they are there for decoration and no one shops there because we have no style.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:17 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,895,120 times
Lol, TacoSoup, what do you think all the designer stores in Chicago carry? Chicago shopping is pretty amazing.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:37 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times
Manhattan of Midwest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeDf5E1iN8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City