Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 08:18 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Are you really that clueless or just drunk when you wrote that? Stop writing lies. It makes you look ignorant. You have not experienced Dallas or the party scene here at all. You really have no idea. All 3 cities have a party scene, but you can easily avoid them. Plenty of suburbs and quieter residential areas in all metros.

With that said, I think Nashville would be a better option for outdoor recreation and 4 seasons. It's not Vegas by any means, so I don't know why you think it has this huge party scene. You can certainly avoid the touristy areas.
By Party Scene, I was referring to the Tourist Aspect of Nashville's Party Scene, In that regard, Nashvilles Party Scene is FAR more Active and Obvious, In Your Face and harder to avoid (although it still can be avoided) per the OPs request, Of Course Dallas has a party scene but you have to Know Exactly where to go, Have a local show you or pull up Google . Dang lol so sensitive about Dallas lol

Old 05-07-2017, 08:20 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,066 times
I would move to Phoenix or Dallas it is closer to home. Nashville is a far from Oregon.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:45 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,883,453 times
If you're really into scenery and the outdoors do yourself a favor and forget Dallas. It's by far the worst of the 3 choices in those two categories.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:55 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_southwest View Post
Sounds like Nashville is where I might need to end up...tough job searches and interviews from Portland. I do have some strong job leads in Frisco and Dallas area. So I guess push comes to shove, I could start in Dallas, and if it does not work out then shift to Nashville
Naw Come to Tennessee

Old 05-07-2017, 09:05 AM

7 posts, read 13,310 times
How about Austin versus Dallas?

Old 05-07-2017, 11:31 AM

594 posts, read 698,557 times
Phoenix, AZ
It has everything and more.
If you choose any area but Phoenix Metro, please come back to City-Data after a year and tell us about your new residence. PLEASE.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:40 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
By Party Scene, I was referring to the Tourist Aspect of Nashville's Party Scene, In that regard, Nashvilles Party Scene is FAR more Active and Obvious, In Your Face and harder to avoid (although it still can be avoided) per the OPs request, Of Course Dallas has a party scene but you have to Know Exactly where to go, Have a local show you or pull up Google . Dang lol so sensitive about Dallas lol
If the OP was planning on moving to Downtown Nashville, I would see your point. Likewise, if he moved to UPTOWN DALLAS, then that would be in your face as well. You simply can't avoid it there. The OP would have to avoid more Dallas neighborhoods than in Nashville, because the party scene is in each individual neighborhood with their own scene. Therefore, it's actually easier to avoid Nashville's.

Like I said before, there's plenty of neighborhoods in both cities/metros to avoid the in-your face party scene. Avoid Scottsdale, DT Nashville, and Oak Lawn/Uptown/Deep Ellum (Dallas) and you're all set.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:31 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,373,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_southwest View Post
How about Austin versus Dallas?
Austin has a lot better scenery and outdoors stuff than Dallas but there's a big party scene there.A lot of people find it hard to get a good job in the ATX though.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:03 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Austin has a lot better scenery and outdoors stuff than Dallas but there's a big party scene there.A lot of people find it hard to get a good job in the ATX though.
Austin is a nice place as well. The OP can avoid the party scene as long as he doesn't move to Downtown Austin. Simple as that. It's not like we're talking about Vegas or South Beach here lol.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:21 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,373,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Austin is a nice place as well. The OP can avoid the party scene as long as he doesn't move to Downtown Austin. Simple as that. It's not like we're talking about Vegas or South Beach here lol.
True haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City