Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 02:15 PM

7 posts, read 13,310 times

Advertisements

Well after looking at Austin, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix...I am going to go with Phoenix, since I lived there for 10 years before moving to Portland, Oregon. I will be relocating my parents to Suncity, Arizona since they are retired and keep me closer to them. Thanks for everyones feedback, but I think moving so far with too many unknowns is too much of a risk

Old 05-07-2017, 02:35 PM

247 posts, read 336,290 times
I'd pick Dallas first, though the summer weather is harsh. Phoenix would be my second choice. Nashville is much smaller, which could be a pro or con to you.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:24 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_southwest View Post
Well after looking at Austin, Dallas, Nashville, Phoenix...I am going to go with Phoenix, since I lived there for 10 years before moving to Portland, Oregon. I will be relocating my parents to Suncity, Arizona since they are retired and keep me closer to them. Thanks for everyones feedback, but I think moving so far with too many unknowns is too much of a risk
K, Enjoy

Old 05-07-2017, 05:59 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,373,010 times
Quote:
Netime.Have fun.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:40 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
Good.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:05 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Nashville and Dallas are what I call "zzzz cities". Both claim to be something "special", but they're really not. They're just large cities, with semi-decent downtowns (nothing to write home about), and garbage weather. Both cities are cloudy half the year, experience flooding, are muddy in winter from too much rain, and they aren't even truly warm in winter by any stretch of the word. Both are seemingly the epicenters of country music, which is a curse if you ask me. That is unless you like city/suburb boys and gals who dress up in boots and hats on the weekends, drive lifted pickups with the mandatory Realtree or "cowboy up" stickers on them, pretend to be cowboys/gilrs, but couldn't bale hay if their lives depended on it. Both have scenery that is subpar and nothing is unique to the landscapes they sit in. Hail, tornadoes, ice, even snow, plague them both, and they shut down when it happens. You have humid, wet Winters, humid Spring, grotesquely humid summers, and mild Falls.

Yes, PHX roasts for 4 months, but the remaining 8 months are virtually glorious.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:30 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Nashville and Dallas are what I call "zzzz cities". Both claim to be something "special", but they're really not. They're just large cities, with semi-decent downtowns (nothing to write home about), and garbage weather. Both cities are cloudy half the year, experience flooding, are muddy in winter from too much rain, and they aren't even truly warm in winter by any stretch of the word. Both are seemingly the epicenters of country music, which is a curse if you ask me. That is unless you like city/suburb boys and gals who dress up in boots and hats on the weekends, drive lifted pickups with the mandatory Realtree or "cowboy up" stickers on them, pretend to be cowboys/gilrs, but couldn't bale hay if their lives depended on it. Both have scenery that is subpar and nothing is unique to the landscapes they sit in. Hail, tornadoes, ice, even snow, plague them both, and they shut down when it happens. You have humid, wet Winters, humid Spring, grotesquely humid summers, and mild Falls.

Yes, PHX roasts for 4 months, but the remaining 8 months are virtually glorious.
Neither Dallas or Nashville are "cloudy" or rainy cities, especially Dallas. That's just laughable. In comparison to Phoenix, yes. But it's complete fallacy that it's cloudy for half the year in those cities. Nashville is definitely a country music town, but not so much in Dallas. Heavy metal and EDM are much larger scenes in Dallas than country music. Obviously you've never spent much time there.

Tell me more about vibrant Downtown Phoenix though lol.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:36 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Neither Dallas or Nashville are "cloudy" or rainy cities, especially Dallas. That's just laughable. In comparison to Phoenix, yes. But it's complete fallacy that it's cloudy for half the year in those cities. Nashville is definitely a country music town, but not so much in Dallas. Heavy metal and EDM are much larger scenes in Dallas than country music. Obviously you've never spent much time there.

Tell me more about vibrant Downtown Phoenix though lol.

Dallas averages 60% sun and Nashville 56%. That's pretty darn close to half the year. So what if I was off a few percentage points? You get the point.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...ne-by-city.php

In comparison "super cloudy" Milwaukee averages 54% sun. How is 2% more sun in Nashville qualify it as a non-cloudy city? I used to live near there in Clarksville, and I can tell you its cloudy. A LOT.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:36 AM

12,824 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Probably not a bad idea, but I think it's now or never if you ever want to live in Dallas or Nashville.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:38 AM

12,824 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post

Wish I could like this twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City