Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Montréal vs Philadelphia
Montréal 55 53.40%
Philadelphia 48 46.60%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 10:58 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,997,139 times

Advertisements

I rather live in Montreal. I love Montreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 11:15 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
The comments about cuisine are a bit mystifying to me.

Montreal is very routinely in the top 20 food cities in the world, and often makes some people's or publication's top 10. In the world.

While I know there is good for there, I barely ever hear Philadelphia mentioned as top food city in the U.S., where aside from NYC-LA-Chicago the names you most often hear are SF and NOLA. You even hear about Portland and Charleston more than you do Philly.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post

2. Urbanity: You say definitely Philly, but both cities have a similar build. I also question your choice since in another thread, you mentioned that "downtown Miami is more urban than downtown Montreal". For me, slight lead for Montreal

8. Neighbourhoods: Montreal has more interesting neighbourhoods/districts in the city. Le Plateau/Mile-End, Rosemont, Villeray, Downtown, Old Montreal, Parc-Ex, NDG/CDN, Sud Ouest, etc... List goes on and on. MTL here
The bones are virtually identical though Montreal has way fewer blighted forsaken areas compared to Philly. Actually, virtually none that would compare.

That's a plus for Montreal.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:21 AM

313 posts, read 336,735 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOjBYzqb_0 Philly is so over looked as a city yet is one of the most urban life style cities of N American . Posted video is just one example of truly Philly has to offer that only a hand full of N .A. cities have .

Old 11-28-2020, 11:35 AM

17,150 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtutaaa View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOjBYzqb_0 Philly is so over looked as a city yet is one of the most urban life style cities of N American . Posted video is just one example of truly Philly has to offer that only a hand full of N .A. cities have .
And the exact same can be said about Montreal. It's one of its biggest draws. The two are quite possibly both top 5 in NA in terms of urban build.

And both are home to some of the densest core neighborhoods in North America (Plateau and Center City.)

Hard to say which one is the most urban when they're practically identical in this sense.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:50 PM

444 posts, read 282,706 times
and here is Montreal by Drone

Old 11-28-2020, 06:27 PM

955 posts, read 610,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtutaaa View Post

Amazing! Love this, thank you for sharing. This video really backs up the fact that Philly wins handily on urbanity (and more impressive cityscape).

Old 11-28-2020, 06:34 PM

17,150 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
Amazing! Love this, thank you for sharing. This video really backs up the fact that Philly wins handily on urbanity (and more impressive cityscape).
Lol

Old 11-28-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I rather live in Montreal. I love Montreal.
Typical Bostonnais. Loves Montreal as a city, but probably hates the Habs with a passion!

Old 11-28-2020, 10:42 PM

14,162 posts, read 9,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
I'm a Phillyphile myself (and a resident), but after watching both drone films (Interesting zoom crosscuts in the Montréal one), I'm not sure the one of the Philly skyline and the BFB shows that Philly "wins handily" on urbanity. Philly's downtown skyline may be better sculpted than Montreal's, but both cities have a very densely built grid in their centers. and I'd say the two are pretty much equal on the urbanity score.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City