Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2023, 08:16 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Close call. Demographics, size, and layout are closer to Oklahoma City. Both metros are sprawly and have more active downtowns.

Is Nashville more similar to Louisville or Cincinnati?
Tough one but overall I'm leaning towards Louisville. Their downtown architecture just looks more similar being Southern newer cities, while Cincy has a more Midwestern old city look.

Another one for Nashville, is it more similar to Atlanta or Memphis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 09:47 AM

829 posts, read 450,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Tough one but overall I'm leaning towards Louisville. Their downtown architecture just looks more similar being Southern newer cities, while Cincy has a more Midwestern old city look.

Another one for Nashville, is it more similar to Atlanta or Memphis?
I’ll go with Atlanta since both are growing southern metros with a bright future whereas Memphis is stagnant and its future looks a little more bleak.

Here’s one that is kinda tough since the city isn’t really like the other two options.
Is Seattle more similar to Dallas or Miami?

Old 12-20-2023, 10:01 AM

483 posts, read 243,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
I’ll go with Atlanta since both are growing southern metros with a bright future whereas Memphis is stagnant and its future looks a little more bleak.

Here’s one that is kinda tough since the city isn’t really like the other two options.
Is Seattle more similar to Dallas or Miami?
Neither, but Miami. Seattle isn't super sprawly like Dallas and is dense, like Miami.

Austin, more similar to Houston or Portland, Oregon?

Old 12-20-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
Neither, but Miami. Seattle isn't super sprawly like Dallas and is dense, like Miami.

Austin, more similar to Houston or Portland, Oregon?
Actually this one is easier but Portland even though it's in Texas.

Is Asheville, NC more similar to Portland, OR or Roanoke, VA?

Old 12-20-2023, 02:26 PM

6,374 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Quote:
Actually this one is easier but Portland even though it's in Texas.

Is Asheville, NC more similar to Portland, OR or Roanoke, VA?
Definitely Roanoke. No amount of Asheville's hipster-dom can compensate for Portland being a much larger metro (to the point of having major-league sports teams) than either of the others.

Is Dubuque, IA more similar to Madison, WI or Lincoln, NE?

Old 12-20-2023, 04:50 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Definitely Roanoke. No amount of Asheville's hipster-dom can compensate for Portland being a much larger metro (to the point of having major-league sports teams) than either of the others.

Is Dubuque, IA more similar to Madison, WI or Lincoln, NE?
Lincoln. It has a smaller downtown and is less urban than Madison.

Is Clarksville, TN more similar to Evansville, IN or Huntsville, AL?

Old 12-20-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lincoln. It has a smaller downtown and is less urban than Madison.

Is Clarksville, TN more similar to Evansville, IN or Huntsville, AL?
I'd say Huntsville. They are closer in size, Southern, and in Appalachian foothills areas.

Is Birmingham, AL more similar to Dayton, OH or Augusta, GA?

Old 12-20-2023, 05:36 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
I'd say Huntsville. They are closer in size, Southern, and in Appalachian foothills areas.

Is Birmingham, AL more similar to Dayton, OH or Augusta, GA?
I'd say Dayton. They both have/had heavy manufacturing industries, both are closer in size than Augusta and similar demographically. Is Atlanta more similar to Los Angeles or Chicago?

Old 12-20-2023, 07:34 PM

420 posts, read 302,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'd say Dayton. They both have/had heavy manufacturing industries, both are closer in size than Augusta and similar demographically. Is Atlanta more similar to Los Angeles or Chicago?
Los Angeles as both cities are hubs for mass media, and have sprawling suburbia for miles beyond city limits

Is Evanston more similar to Madison or Columbus, OH?

Old 12-20-2023, 07:34 PM

829 posts, read 450,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Neither but if I had to pick I’d say LA since Atlanta is sprawly and car centric like LA, although LA is significantly denser. Both also have a Hollywood presence that isn’t as apparent in Chicago.

Is Raleigh more similar to Nashville or Austin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City