Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2023, 02:23 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Portland would be more like a much bigger version of Charleston, WV. Since the WV one has some nice older buildings in downtown, and a river flowing through it. The one in SC is more flat, and much older than the one in WV, and also Portland. So I'll say Charleston, WV.

Is Erie, PA more like Cleveland, or Buffalo?
I've been to all 3 and in my opinion it's more like Cleveland. Is Washington DC more similar to Atlanta or Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 12:18 AM

829 posts, read 451,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I've been to all 3 and in my opinion it's more like Cleveland. Is Washington DC more similar to Atlanta or Chicago?
This is interesting to me. The city is more similar to Chicago (walkable, dense, urban, good transit, etc.) but the suburbs are more similar to Atlanta (sprawl, rolling terrain, forested, etc.) and since the question mentioned the city I guess I’ll go with Chicago.

Is Seattle more similar to Boston or San Francisco?

Old 07-29-2023, 05:48 AM

6,542 posts, read 12,040,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
This is interesting to me. The city is more similar to Chicago (walkable, dense, urban, good transit, etc.) but the suburbs are more similar to Atlanta (sprawl, rolling terrain, forested, etc.) and since the question mentioned the city I guess I’ll go with Chicago.

Is Seattle more similar to Boston or San Francisco?
I'll go with San Francisco since they are both on the West Coast and culturally similar. They have been compared a lot on here. SF has been compared to Boston but not so much Seattle and Boston.

Is San Diego more similar to Dallas or Seattle?

Old 07-30-2023, 04:11 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I'll go with San Francisco since they are both on the West Coast and culturally similar. They have been compared a lot on here. SF has been compared to Boston but not so much Seattle and Boston.

Is San Diego more similar to Dallas or Seattle?
I'd say Seattle. Both are on the west coast/coastal cities. Is Port Townsend WA more similar to Coos Bay OR or Eureka CA?

Old 07-30-2023, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'd say Seattle. Both are on the west coast/coastal cities. Is Port Townsend WA more similar to Coos Bay OR or Eureka CA?
I'd say Coos Bay since it's in the PNW and much closer in size.

Now another Portlands vs. Charlestons: Is Charleston, SC more similar to Portland, ME or Portland, OR?

Old 07-30-2023, 10:09 PM

1,348 posts, read 878,093 times
Quote:
I'd say Coos Bay since it's in the PNW and much closer in size.

Now another Portlands vs. Charlestons: Is Charleston, SC more similar to Portland, ME or Portland, OR?
Portland, ME because they’re both east coast colonial cities of similar sizes. Is Kansas City, MO more like Oakland, CA or Baltimore, MD?

Old 07-30-2023, 10:30 PM

118 posts, read 48,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
Portland, ME because they’re both east coast colonial cities of similar sizes. Is Kansas City, MO more like Oakland, CA or Baltimore, MD?
KC is more like Oakland than Baltimore. Baltimore is a row house city, KC and Oakland are not.

Is Rochester, NY more like Syracuse, NY or Buffalo, NY?

Old 07-31-2023, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybestself View Post
KC is more like Oakland than Baltimore. Baltimore is a row house city, KC and Oakland are not.

Is Rochester, NY more like Syracuse, NY or Buffalo, NY?
Overall I have to go with Buffalo since they are both on one of the Great Lakes while Syracuse is inland.

Is San Jose, CA more similar to San Francisco or San Diego?

Old 07-31-2023, 06:28 AM

127 posts, read 70,370 times
Quote:
Overall I have to go with Buffalo since they are both on one of the Great Lakes while Syracuse is inland.

Is San Jose, CA more similar to San Francisco or San Diego?
San Diego just because of the suburban layout.

Is Atlanta more similar to Houston or DC?

Old 07-31-2023, 07:17 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,281,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieluck View Post
San Diego just because of the suburban layout.

Is Atlanta more similar to Houston or DC?
Houston.

DC is a northeastern city that’s filled with government buildings and attorneys. There’s nothing else quite like it, but it’s kind of similar with Boston. DC also doesn’t really have high rises, a unique aspect of the city… Houston, on the other hand, is another large southern city with many of the same pro/cons that Atlanta has. Houston is clearly more similar.

Is Bellevue, WA more similar to Arlington, VA or Stamford, CT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City