Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 05:53 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Nothing beats Gulf Coast seafood in coastal Alabama!
I' bet seafood in Portsmouth, NH with North Atlantic lobster, clams, chowder, scallops, haddock, lobster, oh and lobster.... could give it a run for its money.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 06-26-2020 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 06:36 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Nevada vs Arkansas - Nevada. I'd rather live and visit Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe than anywhere in Arkansas.

Tennessee vs Vermont - Tennessee for having larger cities but Vermont is very beautiful

Indiana vs Alaska - Alaska for the beautiful scenery. Indiana isn't really my taste but I wouldn't mind living in Indianapolis

Louisiana vs Hawaii - Both have great cultural offerings but I gotta go with Hawaii overall

Alabama vs New Hampshire - Neither would be my first choice but New Hampshire

Connecticut vs New Mexico - Hard one but New Mexico. Connecticut has the city element I love but I prefer the mountains and culture of NM

Wisconsin vs Delaware - Wisconsin is a bit cold for me but I like Milwaukee. Delaware seems nice though

Oklahoma vs Nebraska - Tie. I couldn't see myself living in either but both offer more than people think

Colorado vs Rhode Island - Gotta go with home. Rhode Island's coastline is cool and Providence seems like a nice city but I'd take Colorado for Denver alone. The mountains also take up a larger area than the entire state of RI so it's an easy choice for me.

Iowa vs Mississippi - Never been to Mississippi and I've driven through Iowa. I though Des Moines was nice. The coast of Mississippi might be the only part of the state I'd be interested in going.

Massachusetts vs Wyoming - I've been to Cheyenne a couple of times and drove through part of Wyoming. Beautiful state but way too conservative and not nearly diverse enough for my taste. Massachusetts for Boston alone.

Missouri vs North Dakota - Missouri for having two major cities. And it's not as cold

Kentucky vs West Virginia - Kentucky for Louisville alone. I don't have an ounce of interest in visiting WV but it looks pretty in pictures

South Carolina vs Maine - Never been to either but I find SC to be more interesting. Plus it's more diverse and Charleston seems cool. Maine is on my bucket list as well though

Utah vs Kansas - Utah for it's mountains and I'd take SLC over anywhere in Kansas. Although the KC metro are would be a nice place to live.

Maryland vs South Dakota - I like South Dakota for the Black Hills but I'd have to go with Maryland. I'm a city guy and it has both DC and Baltimore

Oregon vs Idaho - I've never been to Idaho and I've only been to Portland in Oregon. Portland left a great impression and I don't think anywhere in Idaho would live up to it. Beautiful state though from what I've seen.

Minnesota vs Montana - I'm actually really shocked so many are going for Montana. It's definitely the more beautiful state but Minnesota is more populated and very beautiful as well. Much more my speed.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:33 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,147,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I' bet seafood in Portsmouth, NH with North Atlantic lobster, clams, chowder, scallops, haddock, lobster, oh and lobster.... could give it a run for its money.
Nah the Gulf Coast has better seasoning lol.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:58 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post

Utah vs Kansas - Utah for it's mountains and I'd take SLC over anywhere in Kansas. Although the KC metro are would be a nice place to live.

Minnesota vs Montana - I'm actually really shocked so many are going for Montana. It's definitely the more beautiful state but Minnesota is more populated and very beautiful as well. Much more my speed.
Yeah, I am also quite surprised about how many people are choosing Montana as well. Montana is a beautiful state and has a lot of skiing, but Minnesota does have the Twin Cities and Great Lakes. Also a beautiful state.

I also must say that I am really learning a lot about Utah. I've never actually been there, just driven through it, but good to know about the Mountains. I must say though, I am not really a hiker and never was, so Mountains do not fascinate me nearly as much as many others. LOL, when I was a teenager many years ago, I hated mountains, because all the walking uphill was just beyond me. Now I do enjoy the nature of them, but at the same time, its not something I grow that excited about like others. For me, I get a lot more excited about cities, beaches, and theme parks, but that is just me. I do enjoy some scenery and some mountains, but just not to the extent that most people do! With that said, I do love Forest Nature, Lakes, and Rivers!

Old 06-26-2020, 10:09 PM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Nah the Gulf Coast has better seasoning lol.
Louisiana crab boil, meet Old Bay.

(Ah, but Old Bay is not a New England thing but a Maryland one.)

But speaking of cross-pollination: I recently picked up a can of Old Bay with Blackened Seasonings.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,147,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Louisiana crab boil, meet Old Bay.

(Ah, but Old Bay is not a New England thing but a Maryland one.)

But speaking of cross-pollination: I recently picked up a can of Old Bay with Blackened Seasonings.
I love Old Bay too !

Old 06-27-2020, 12:53 AM

6,374 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Yeah, I am also quite surprised about how many people are choosing Montana as well. Montana is a beautiful state and has a lot of skiing, but Minnesota does have the Twin Cities and Great Lakes. Also a beautiful state.

I also must say that I am really learning a lot about Utah. I've never actually been there, just driven through it, but good to know about the Mountains. I must say though, I am not really a hiker and never was, so Mountains do not fascinate me nearly as much as many others. LOL, when I was a teenager many years ago, I hated mountains, because all the walking uphill was just beyond me. Now I do enjoy the nature of them, but at the same time, its not something I grow that excited about like others. For me, I get a lot more excited about cities, beaches, and theme parks, but that is just me. I do enjoy some scenery and some mountains, but just not to the extent that most people do! With that said, I do love Forest Nature, Lakes, and Rivers!
I don't know if this is something most people get out of mountains, but I like having something visible far off in the distance, to kind of anchor the area and remind you that there are lands beyond your immediate surroundings. I got the same comforting feeling seeing the skyline in the Chicago area.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:23 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times
Nevada vs Arkansas I hated living in Arkansas because (believe me) ALL of the stereotypes are true, but I couldn't bear to live in a desert or high desert plateau environment for any length of time. Plus Reno has air pollution.

Tennessee vs Vermont Both environmentally pretty but fewer religious nutjobs in Vermont

Indiana vs Alaska I grew up in Indiana and it's overpopulated now, though still pretty in places. Too many alcoholics in Alaska, but at least it's beautiful.

Louisiana vs Hawaii I think I'm related to almost everyone in LA, so I have great childhood memories from there, but "cancer alley" is real and I can still smell refinery. I'm not a big fan of tropical climates, but I enjoyed my visit to Hawaii.

Alabama vs New Hampshire Again, fewer religious nuts in in New Hampshire

Connecticut vs New Mexico This is a hard one, because I'm always pro West and anti East, but Connecticut is pretty and as I said before, I don't like deserts.

Wisconsin vs Delaware Who has any interest in Delaware? I've already proclaimed that RI, MD, and DE need to become a single state called Rhoaryware.

Oklahoma vs Nebraska Beautiful forests, and religious nuts are in both places though more in OK but you can ignore them.

Colorado vs Rhode Island Seriously, RI has no justification in the modern world

Iowa vs Mississippi Again falls into the category of fewer religious nuts.

Massachusetts vs Wyoming I love parts of Wyoming; they're so beautiful. But much of it is too windy, and it's very conservative. MA has lots of fun historical places.

Missouri vs North Dakota I know the secret beautiful places in ND. Poor MO has too many meth heads and religious nuts.

Kentucky vs West Virginia This was hard, because they both are full of religious nuts and both have pretty environments, but KY has the Quilt Museum in Paducah and the Land Between the Lakes and Mammoth Cave.

South Carolina vs Maine Back to the fewer religious nuts category.

Utah vs Kansas I've actually lived in both of these states, long ago. KS has become crazy creepy religious lately. And Mormons are much more tolerable than baptists.

Maryland vs South Dakota See above - MD should be merged with DE and RI now. SD has lots of beautiful secret spots, and, let's not forget, we shoved lots of Native Americans into this state, so we really need to PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE NEEDS THAT EXIST IN RESERVATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oregon vs Idaho I actually love both of these states. OR wins purely because it's more liberal on the west side.

Minnesota vs Montana This one was hard. Minnesota purely because there's more water and less oil/gas industry.

A lot of these pairings are very weird, OP! Fun, though. Thank you!

Old 06-27-2020, 02:32 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,298 times
Nevada vs Arkansas

Tennessee vs Vermont

Indiana vs Alaska

Louisiana vs Hawaii

Alabama vs New Hampshire

Connecticut vs New Mexico

Wisconsin vs Delaware

Oklahoma vs Nebraska

Colorado vs Rhode Island

Iowa vs Mississippi

Massachusetts vs Wyoming

Missouri vs North Dakota

Kentucky vs West Virginia

South Carolina vs Maine

Utah vs Kansas

Maryland vs South Dakota

Oregon vs Idaho

Minnesota vs Montana

Old 06-27-2020, 08:24 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Since the first round is still open, I need to change one vote:

Oregon vs. Idaho — Everything I said about both states is true, but after reaching into my fridge last night to make a snack and pulling out a package of Tillamook Cheddar cheese — and the cheese from that Oregon dairy cooperative is, to put it bluntly, better than any other cheese you can buy in the supermarket dairy case, including Cabot (Vermont and New York State) — I can't not give Oregon at least one rep point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City