Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
But you also pay for the area. I just bought a house on Long Island that was just appraised for just over 300,000. I could practically get a mansion in Houston for that, but I would rather have a smaller house and be a short train ride from the city You couldn't pay me to live down there. Of course I'm going to get trashed for saying this, but I just couldn't. It's just my opinion.
Rachael, you always get trashed by the Houston forumers because you bash Houston even though you have never been there. That is closed-mindedness at its epitome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Rachael, you always get trashed by the Houston forumers because you bash Houston even though you have never been there. That is closed-mindedness at its epitome.
I can still have an opinion. There are many people on this forum who have never set foot in NY and say the same. I don't get all over them. I don't really care what they think.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:02 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Don't hate, appreciate!
What are you talking about? I didn't give any hate to houston or anything else. I never said anything bad about your city, but gave a post on my appreciation to Boston.

I never could understand this forum. It will probably be only another week before I close awesomoreturns, and there will not be a awesomoreturnsagain.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:32 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
Quote:
I can still have an opinion. There are many people on this forum who have never set foot in NY and say the same. I don't get all over them. I don't really care what they think.
But God forbid Houston win the "best hospitals" poll! You react to New York bashing just like the Houstonians. You just accuse them of being jealous just like the Houstonians. You are irritated if New York does not win first in everything.
BTW, I'm pretty sure you have to have knowledge of a subject to have an opinion on it, and you don't know Houston.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:53 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,518,523 times
Quote:
Yes you do

Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
You ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?
Just let her have it.

We get a lot of generalizations from New Yorkers here in Indiana too (and yes, there are a lot of them here!)

I consider it music to my ears listening to New Yorker's opinions on places they've never been to.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
I'll be perfectly happy taking my average sized house just outside NYC limits with just a short train ride, than a mansion in a city that doesn't offer nearly as much. I'm sure a lot of people would want to stay where they are in their average sized house, than trade it in for a mansion in an area that isn't desirable to them. I don't see what's so wrong about it. How I feel is based on statistics anyway. The schools aren't as good as they are on the island, the pay for teachers is much lower and they don't have nearly as strong of a union as we do, and I wouldn't like the hot weather.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Define underrated.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,291 times
yeah she does the same thing in atlanta and she makes it her buisness to talk trash because she loves in ny. everyone dont like ny . I wonder why all these ny people are moving down south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City