Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Or a Texas ***** who cant take a little cold. The door swings both ways here, gents.
Usually I'd be offend,but its true lol.....Here we think 50 degrees is freezing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,122,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Usually I'd be offend,but its true lol.....Here we think 50 degrees is freezing.
and Texans think snow comes from hell and has the same weight/volume as crushed ice

Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM

67 posts, read 266,921 times
I hope Houston is great, I haven't moved yet, but it was a choice of Houston and Washington D.C. and I've been to D.C. it was no contest.

Hope I made the right choice, but if you look at the NOVA board on this same web site, it's far more negative.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
These California posters are stiring up crap everywhere after we handed them their heads trying to bash us. Please ignore them. They are only trying to start needless arguements.
Your right, there aren't any stereotypes or negative talk about Californians or California in general to be found on this forum, it's only the Californians starting the stuff you mention.

For the record I'm one of those who wishes people wouldn't trash other cities or states at all, there might be places that aren't our cup of tea as individuals, but why knock other places?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfs1st View Post
I hope Houston is great, I haven't moved yet, but it was a choice of Houston and Washington D.C. and I've been to D.C. it was no contest.

Hope I made the right choice, but if you look at the NOVA board on this same web site, it's far more negative.
Live inside the loop. If you live outside the loop, you'll have to do lots of driving and have to depend on the city to release your wild side and have to worry about driving all the way back home on the highways DRUNK!!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
and Texans think snow comes from hell and has the same weight/volume as crushed ice

Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM

756 posts, read 1,883,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

yawn.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 AM

13 posts, read 47,959 times
Default Houston is #1

Maybe it is not so underrated.

Kiplinger.com thinks that Houston is the #1 City for 2008!

Best Cities to Live, Work and Play - Kiplinger.com

It even beat out Austin.... Makes me feel a little better about moving there.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,122,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
It's amazing that Houston has come so far in the past 20-30 years to even be eligible for comparison with Chicago. Back in the 70's, Houston was a sleepy city with absolutely no urban life. Chicago was definitely a metropolis in the same time period. One thing is for sure, Chicago and Houston both kill LA. I'll take Chicago pizza or Tex-mex and margaritas over california fusion food any day of the year. And let's be honest, the Dodgers suck!
yawn. yeah its still a sleepy city no doubt. houston is really nothing if not for the burbs. i dont know what kind of "urban life" you are talking about that houston has now because I dont see any that is worth mentioning

Old 08-08-2008, 11:13 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,707,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Live inside the loop. If you live outside the loop, you'll have to do lots of driving and have to depend on the city to release your wild side and have to worry about driving all the way back home on the highways DRUNK!!

Clear Lake & Galveston have plenty of their own things going on, w/o the support (and uptightness) of that 30% of the inner loop you mention... We haven't needed to even think about venturing that way. Y'all can have your ''up and coming,'' ''transitional'', ''pocket'' areas.

And as far as wild goes, last time I drove awake most of the nudie bars & other sexually oriented businesses were outside the loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City