Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM

156 posts, read 331,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Yes, I know. The are all located in New York. I am not aware of any national publications coming out of Chicago. I do not thing that IO can stand up to New York improv clubs, those that made this club an icon are already in New York working the clubs and/or Comedy Central, Saturday Night Life and Mad. All big TV networks plus Viacom and Time-Warner are headquartered in New York. Olympics? Who cares? They will come and go. Ask Atlanta or Lake Placid how much they gained though this venue. Your points are pitiful as your own evidence proves how insignificant Chicago is. BTW, the art of good discussion involves presenting your evidence, names, sources and not asking silly questions... That's kindergarden level.

PS. I am really glad you did not use the Cubs to prove your point of Chicago's greatness. I heard that argument already

PPS. Yes. I am from Brooklyn, Williambsurg to be exact and I can pitch my neighborhood's, one of many on the city, culture, food and entertainment against any neighborhood in Chicago, downtown or not.

PPPS. You are quoting my post and addressing eurous, are you schizophrenic?
Why do you like New York so much if you're from Brooklyn? Aren't people from Brooklyn looked down on? Spat upon?

That must be frustrating dealing with all the hatred on a daily basis.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Huh? People in Brooklyn aren't looked down upon. Maybe if you're from Bed-stuy or ENY, but not most of the areas. Many areas of Brooklyn are just as expensive as Manhattan.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Huh? People in Brooklyn aren't looked down upon. Maybe if you're from Bed-stuy or ENY, but not most of the areas. Many areas of Brooklyn are just as expensive as Manhattan.

That's great! I'm glad to hear things are turning around, and New Yorkers are becoming more tolerant.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 AM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
Quote:
Yes, I know. The are all located in New York. I am not aware of any national publications coming out of Chicago.
The Tribune company is the largest publishing house in the country. It owns many, many newspapers across the country.

Quote:
I do not thing that IO can stand up to New York improv clubs, those that made this club an icon are already in New York working the clubs and/or Comedy Central, Saturday Night Life and Mad.
Second City is widely known as the best comedy club with the best talent in the country. Toronto is the only competition on the continent.

Quote:
All big TV networks plus Viacom and Time-Warner are headquartered in New York.
And no single network is big as WGN.

Quote:
Olympics? Who cares?
You? You talked about international events. There's nothing bigger.

Quote:
Your points are pitiful as your own evidence proves how insignificant Chicago is.
Seriously, only an idiot would say the 25th largest metro in the world was insignificant, but it's eurou/dementor, so who's surprised?

Quote:
BTW, the art of good discussion involves presenting your evidence, names, sources and not asking silly questions... That's kindergarden level.
When you're speaking to children, you don't really have to do anything but laugh and make fun. If someone was arguing the world was flat, I wouldn't seriously discuss anything with them. You're a flat-earther; you and your argument aren't worth actually presenting evidence. You're just good for laughing at.

Quote:
PS. I am really glad you did not use the Cubs to prove your point of Chicago's greatness. I heard that argument already
Did you hear about the Bulls, too?

Quote:
PPS. Yes. I am from Brooklyn, Williambsurg to be exact and I can pitch my neighborhood's, one of many on the city, culture, food and entertainment against any neighborhood in Chicago, downtown or not.
You've never been, how could you do that?

Quote:
PPPS. You are quoting my post and addressing eurous, are you schizophrenic?
You're the same guy.

I notice you didn't respond to the part about the NYMEX- do you even know what that is without wikipedia-ing it? It's owned by the CBOT/CME.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 AM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordYourGod View Post
Why do you like New York so much if you're from Brooklyn? Aren't people from Brooklyn looked down on? Spat upon?

It obviously makes him feel extremely insecure.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
The Tribune company is the largest publishing house in the country. It owns many, many newspapers across the country.

Second City is widely known as the best comedy club with the best talent in the country. Toronto is the only competition on the continent.

And no single network is big as WGN.

You? You talked about international events. There's nothing bigger.

Seriously, only an idiot would say the 25th largest metro in the world was insignificant, but it's eurou/dementor, so who's surprised?

When you're speaking to children, you don't really have to do anything but laugh and make fun. If someone was arguing the world was flat, I wouldn't seriously discuss anything with them. You're a flat-earther; you and your argument aren't worth actually presenting evidence. You're just good for laughing at.

Did you hear about the Bulls, too?

You've never been, how could you do that?

You're the same guy.

I notice you didn't respond to the part about the NYMEX- do you even know what that is without wikipedia-ing it? It's owned by the CBOT/CME.

As always with Chicagoans a lot of empty claims and very little substance. The biggest this, the best that, like every dump you boast some largest potato or corn cob. Sources please. Show that Tribune is the largest publisher and WGN bigger than CBS, ABC, FOX, Bloomberg and HBO. Show me who rankes Second City above New York's Improv. Ask Jerry Seinfeld for opinion or Mike Myers, Tina Fey and others who used it as a springboard before moving to better things in life.

NYMEX? Who cares who owns it? It's in New York. Sears Tower is owned by New Yorkers, does it change anything?
The Bulls? Give me a break. That's very old news today.

Yes, Chicago is the 25th largest metro area and the third largest in the US which make it even more mind bogling how little is happening in Chicago's cultural life. No single national / international event? No single national /international publication? The Olympics? That's hardly a cultural event and even this has not even happened yet and who knows if it will happen at all.

C'mon. Your claims are pitiful. Try more substance and less inflated, unsubstantiated claims. And less personal attacks.

Last edited by dementor; 03-05-2009 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:

(preserved for future generations)

Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:

(preserved for future generations)

You're a funny little boy. I like you!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You're a funny little boy. I like you!
Oh, you like little boys? Sorry, can't help you there.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Oh, you like little boys? Sorry, can't help you there.
Not all little boys. Just you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City