Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,630,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
You've lived everywhere including Chicago? You poor tortured soul, I moved here temporarily from Paris and don't want to live "everywhere" (unless we're talking Monaco, French Riviera, Manhattan, etc) and I certainly wouldn't ever want to live in Chicago. I'm so above such places.

I certainly see and like to see everywhere, I've been to New York City, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, Atlanta, Washington DC, Portland, Seattle, Philadelphia and a few podunk towns in between and most of the time, I couldn't wait to return home.

Unfortunately, Chicago was one of the places I was not too fond of.
You've been to White Plains dementor. You were born there and are currently living there. Last year, you took a fourth grade class trip into Manhattan (now, single file kids! Hold hands with your partner!) and you got to see the World Trade site, you went to the zoo in Central Park (look at the zebras!), you had pizza at Sam's (look, I can fold it!) and then you took a ferry (what fun!).

That was the only time you have ever been to Manhattan or been fifty miles away from White Plans. Admit it.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,472 times
In chronological order, I've lived in Chicago; Madison, WI; San Luis Obispo, CA; New Orleans; New York; Columbia, SC; Richmond, VA; Seattle, WA; Seoul, ROK; Monterey, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Angelo, TX; Fayetteville, NC; Honolulu, HI. I've visited virtually any place in the US you can imagine outside of Houston (only major city I've never hit) and some of the middle plains states, Maine/NH, and Alaska. Weekends in Santa Barbara or La Jolla, trips to Boulder, spring breaks in South Padre, weddings in downtown Savannah, etc. I've spent considerable time on business in Europe (mostly Brussels, but also Berlin, Paris, Lyon, and London), Asia (Taipei, Beijing, Tokyo), and of course the Middle East with Qatar, Kuwait City, Baghdad, and Kabul. I've stepped foot on every continent aside from Antarctica.

Chicago is my favorite place, pretty easily. Seattle is up there, though, and Monterey is the best small town I've ever spent time in and the only one I could imagine living in. Honolulu is nice, too. New York is a fun place, but it never really jumped to the front of any lines for me in my mind. Sorry.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:37 PM

156 posts, read 331,164 times
Quote:
Go pray or something and stop bothering me, unless you have something intelligent to add to this conversation.

Boy, you're just fighting a losing battle today, aren't you? You can't win at all. You were beaten down and discarded earlier, but you're just a glutton for punishment. You/dementor (or both of you, if you're separate people) are the used condoms of this forum...used, discarded, and flushed.

I think that's your new nickname now. Used condom...U.C.

I'm still waiting for my virtual tour through New Delhi, U.C.

And when are you coming to Chicago? You and I need to hang out.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordYourGod View Post
Boy, you're just fighting a losing battle today, aren't you? You can't win at all. You were beaten down and discarded earlier, but you're just a glutton for punishment. You/dementor (or both of you, if you're separate people) are the used condoms of this forum...used, discarded, and flushed.
LOL...ouch.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,774,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
You've been to White Plains dementor. You were born there and are currently living there. Last year, you took a fourth grade class trip into Manhattan (now, single file kids! Hold hands with your partner!) and you got to see the World Trade site, you went to the zoo in Central Park (look at the zebras!), you had pizza at Sam's (look, I can fold it!) and then you took a ferry (what fun!).

That was the only time you have ever been to Manhattan or been fifty miles away from White Plans. Admit it.
Oh, cute.

That reminds me of my friends middle-school aged son who lives on the Upper East Side and driven town with his nanny. They soak up the spectacular NYC sights and go to like the MET, Guggenheim, that Museum of Natural Arts and Sciences at Central Park, the CP Zoo and enjoy all the other superior activities New York offers.

He even walks and plays in Central Park by himself! I'm sure he would be gunned down if he ever tried such a thing in Chicago.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Oh, cute.

That reminds me of my friends little son who lives on the Upper East Side and driven town with his nanny. They soak up the spectacular NYC sights and go to like the MET, Guggenheim, that Museum of Natural Arts and Sciences at Central Park, the CP Zoo and enjoy all the other great superior activities New York offers.
LOL Everyone of those things can be done in Chicago. Like...everyone of the comparable amenities is also world-renowned. You don't think before you post, do you? At least wiki the Chicago analogues of those places before you type. Do you like looking foolish? I mean, I wouldn't think so, but you do it SO consistently, one can't help but think.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL Everyone of those things can be done in Chicago. Like...everyone of the comparable amenities is also world-renowned. You don't think before you post, do you? At least wiki the Chicago analogues of those places before you type. Do you like looking foolish? I mean, I wouldn't think so, but you do it SO consistently, one can't help but think.
Comparable things?

Like eating hot dogs, dodging bullets and shopping at JC Penny i.e. that glorified New Jersey shopping mall aka Mag Mile?

Don't be ridiculous, Lucas.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM

No, like going to the CVC (West side of the Loop), the Art Institute (Grant Park), either the Field Museum (southern Grant Park), or the Museum of Science and Industry (Hyde Park), and the Lincoln Park Zoo (Lincoln Park).

So, yeah. All of those, by the way, are indeed world-renowned. Just not dementor/eurous1 renowned. I mean, look them up (obviously you've never been). If he wanted to eat bad hot dogs and get shot at, he could just go up to the Bronx.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No, like going to the CVC (West side of the Loop), the Art Institute (Grant Park), either the Field Museum (southern Grant Park), or the Museum of Science and Industry (Hyde Park), and the Lincoln Park Zoo (Lincoln Park).

So, yeah. All of those, by the way, are indeed world-renowned. Just not dementor/eurous1 renowned. I mean, look them up (obviously you've never been). If he wanted to eat bad hot dogs and get shot at, he could just go up to the Bronx.

The pathetic thing is... Chicago is more dangerous than Bronx.

And those museums are awful in comparison to the spectacular ones in New York. Everything in Chicago is a few notches below New York City. Chicago reminds me of imitation designer goods.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
Quote:

The Bronx isn't like that. I teach in the south Bronx, so i'm there everyday. It isn't like you think it was in the 1970s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City