Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,774,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL euro
Hi!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 AM

464 posts, read 1,079,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
LOL, what's so appealing about NYC's skyline? Is this a joke?

And in any case, skylines don't make a city. Of course, New York has the best skyline and is the best city, but Paris is 10 notches above Chicago, as is London.. both of which are not known for skylines.

I also find it amusing that you're under the impression that someone such as myself, who spends time in elite cities such NYC, Paris, London would somehow feel "threatened" by that frigid, blue-collar, cultural wasteland of a city in the middle of the Midwest. What's next, am I "threatened" by Milwaukee? Listen, Mr. Spire, I can go/live wherever I want. I don't feel threatened by cities. I like cities (good ones at least). Unfortunately, Chicago is and will never be on my radar. K?

Some of you truly put a smile on my face.
You definitely have zero idea of what Chicago is or else you would know its a very white collar city.. Why do you have to try to bring down Milwaukee now. Dementor, you really need to calm down with your hatred of the Midwest.

You're definitely Dementor, same old arguments that don't make sense. This thread is about Skylines so of course we would be talking about how Skylines make a city. You don't spend time in any of those cities. If you're going to try and prove a point, at least use valid arguments instead of a bunch of lies.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Hi!
Good afternoon.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
But NYC only has a few buildings everyone is familiar with. They are: The Empire State Building, The Chrysler Building, and The Flatiron. That's really about it. Don't say the WTC because they aren't there anymore.

You want evidence for Chicago having the best architecture?

Here you go. It says, and I quote:"Architectural firm RMJM Hillier put together a survey of the best cities in the U.S. for design. The results, released June 25, put Chicago at the top of the list, with New York a close second"

Ouch. That one hurt didn't it? It's more credible than your Wikipedia, and its by an Architectural Firm. I'm pretty sure they know what they are talking about.

Here's the link: The Best U.S. Cities, by Design - BusinessWeek
Are you kidding me. You should know buildings like the GE Building(Rockefeller Center), Metlife building(s), Seagram Building, Trump Building(40 Wall Street), Trump World Tower, Woolworth Building, New York Life Building, Manhattan Municipal Building, World Financial Towers, etc thats just skyscrapers ill be happy to name low rise buildings. Also you proved me right because if they stated its a close second than how can there be just a few now.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Chicago is blow NYC on an international level and will probably remain that way as long as NYC exist. The fact that you said Chicago is below L.A shows you are greatly threatened by the city. Let's be serious. L.A is barley above Houston.

Chicago > NYC in terms of their skylines. Please explain to me what's so appealing about NYC's skyline, I'm dying to know.
Yep this has to be a joke cause if i take it from your point of view and i showed information that chicago skyline is better but it showed NYC at a close second obviously its appealing. Now they might have better architecture but NYC has a better OVERALL skyline.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Are you kidding me. You should know buildings like the GE Building(Rockefeller Center), Metlife building(s), Seagram Building, Trump Building(40 Wall Street), Trump World Tower, Woolworth Building, New York Life Building, Manhattan Municipal Building, World Financial Towers, etc thats just skyscrapers ill be happy to name low rise buildings. Also you proved me right because if they stated its a close second than how can there be just a few now.
Probably because you're from NYC. I'm saying the AVERAGE person that could care less about any of this

Old 03-27-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Yep this has to be a joke cause if i take it from your point of view and i showed information that chicago skyline is better but it showed NYC at a close second obviously its appealing. Now they might have better architecture but NYC has a better OVERALL skyline.
False. http://www.bikechicago.com/press/skyline.jpg (broken link)

That owns NYC

Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,770,374 times
No way. not in my mind

Old 03-27-2009, 03:16 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,472 times
Quote:
He's wrong that New York "only has a few". But you were wrong when you said that New York had more architectural gems and was generally seen as a better city for architecture. It's not.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Probably because you're from NYC. I'm saying the AVERAGE person that could care less about any of this
You are telling me people dont know these buildings.

GE Building(Rockefeller Center)

Metlife building(s)

Seagram Building

Trump Building(40 Wall Street)

Trump World Tower

Woolworth Building

New York Life Building

Manhattan Municipal Building
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._York_City.jpg

World Financial Towers

CITI group Center
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/DSCF2458.JPG (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City