Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL It's called the Tony, not the Oscar. But a show is a show is a show. Singing and dancing, blah blah blah. It's nice but not the OMGINTERNATIONALCULTURALEXPERIENCE some make it out to be.
I'm talking about "Osacar winning" actors that headline Broadway shows!...... You sure you've really been to NYC?............

Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Ask Arsenal and Chelsea supporters if they're all broken up over only winning the Premiership instead of the Champions League. They're perfectly fine. And Fulham supporters are thrilled that their club has fought off relegation. You need to broaden your sports analogies beyond America, and develop some nuance.

Question: Would you say that Munich, Dublin, Istanbul, etc. are cultural wastelands? How about Vilnius, the current cultural capital of Europe?

Pittsteelerfan - if you love the outerboroughs so much, get off your knees and move there. One of my good friends lives in Brooklyn, and another on Staten Island.

Interesting that nobody quotes my posts about the skyline...that's what this thread is about right?

I'm "off my knees", and I'm living in an "outer borough" as we speak!.... Bet you feel ...........!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
This is what my parents mean by cultured people. Some of these people don't see the greatness in Broadway plays and off-Broadway. They're from Hawaii and probably have never been in NY, or long enough to appreciate Broadway.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,453 times
Pitt: Good for you, now pat yourself on the back and stop trying to steer every discussion towards the outerboroughs.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Pitt: Good for you, now pat yourself on the back and stop trying to steer every discussion towards the outerboroughs.
I realize that your , but come on now, I ain't steering nothing towards the outer boroughs. I can see your face from here (the outer boroughs lol)!.......

Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
I realize that your , but come on now, I ain't steering nothing towards the outer boroughs. I can see your face from here (the outer boroughs lol)!.......
My emoticon? Speak adult English please.

Again: skyline thread.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
This is what my parents mean by cultured people. Some of these people don't see the greatness in Broadway plays and off-Broadway. They're from Hawaii and probably have never been in NY, or long enough to appreciate Broadway.
LOL, I've lived in NYC, and I'm not even from Hawaii. The world is a bigger place than you and your parents. Not everyone just lives in one place and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And Broadway shows are not the high end of culture. It's actually kind of laughable you would think so.

Pitt- Who cares about people who've received awards for doing something other than plays doing plays? You're now hanging your hat on Hollywood? That's...weird.

Why aren't we talking about skylines again? Oh wait, I know why...

Old 03-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
My emoticon? Speak adult English please.

Again: skyline thread.
The "emoticon" was invented in Pittsburgh (Carnegie Mellon). So, us Pittsburgh'ers, we're allowed to use them whenever we feel like it!....

Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL, I've lived in NYC, and I'm not even from Hawaii. The world is a bigger place than you and your parents. Not everyone just lives in one place and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And Broadway shows are not the high end of culture. It's actually kind of laughable you would think so.

Pitt- Who cares about people who've received awards for doing something other than plays doing plays? You're now hanging your hat on Hollywood? That's...weird.

Why aren't we talking about skylines again? Oh wait, I know why...
I see you dropped your "Tony" comment. I thought so....... And if you don't think that's a big deal, you ain't cultued.........

Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,472 times
What do you mean 'dropped'? Tony's are what matters in plays- not Oscars so I'm not sure why you brought them up. And no, plays are not the epitome of culture. How provincial do you have to be to think that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City