Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,743,524 times

Advertisements

Understood . Sometimes you have to lecture the young & the restless using rough language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
You give me too much credit; see how fast I was to resort to swearing?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
I've never seen someone try so, so hard.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
i love that NYC is the seemingly automatic choice for people, although the poll shows a split opinion. NYC is the capital of the world (per the media) therefore its blasphemy for another city to have a better skyline.

Some people are just so close-minded.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Typical Chicago mentality: you can't win using arguments so you will move on the personal attacks....
No wonder celebrities treat Chicago as flyover country.....
Really? One of the most powerful women in THE WORLD lives/broadcast her show from Chicago, Oprah Winfrey, and your presidents family lives/lived here. Chicago doesn't need the fake glamor of L.A, or the e-badass mentality of New York City to be the best.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,769,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
i love that NYC is the seemingly automatic choice for people, although the poll shows a split opinion. NYC is the capital of the world (per the media) therefore its blasphemy for another city to have a better skyline.

MHM! So closed minded i mean What is this? An OPINION thread? haha no way, right?

It's Closed minded to call other people closed minded because they don't choose the city that you choose.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Really? One of the most powerful women in THE WORLD lives/broadcast her show from Chicago, Oprah Winfrey, and your presidents family lives/lived here. Chicago doesn't need the fake glamor of L.A, or the e-badass mentality of New York City to be the best.

Ophra and former residence of the president's family. Why don't you print the full list of all people who ever used a bathroom in O'Hare. It may make Chicago even more relevant

We are not talking about glamour but the fact that celebrities avoid Chicago like a plague which is very consistent with my opinion about your city.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post

You call people close-minded because you can't understand their position?
Closeminded is your riidiculous statement: "NYC is the capital of the world (per the media)" . The media have nothing to do with New York's GDP of over 1 Trillion or the fact that United Nations are headquartered there. Media have also nothing to with the fact that Wall Street and Broadway are located in New York. Looking at number of celebrities settling down in New York it really seems like an "seemingly automatic choice for people".

Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
You call people close-minded because you can't understand their position?
Closeminded is your riidiculous statement: "NYC is the capital of the world (per the media)" . The media have nothing to do with New York's GDP of over 1 Trillion or the fact that United Nations are headquartered there. Media have also nothing to with the fact that Wall Street and Broadway are located in New York. Looking at number of celebrities settling down in New York it really seems like an "seemingly automatic choice for people".
What does that have to do with skylines?

I think you get off to NYC every night.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What does that have to do with skylines?

I think you get off to NYC every night.

I think you just crossed the line between discussion and vulgar personal attack.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 AM

156 posts, read 331,116 times
Quote:
I think you just crossed the line between discussion and vulgar personal attack.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City