Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:53 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Just like watching the Knicks is like watching the Bulls!!! Or watching the Jets is like watching the Bears!!!!! You got em eurous!!!!

Yeah. And I guess Chicago Council on International Affairs is like UN. Or better

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,774,016 times
Quote:
Just like watching the Knicks is like watching the Bulls!!! Or watching the Jets is like watching the Bears!!!!! You got em eurous!!!!
Excuse me?

Why are you throwing my name about?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,472 times
I think you missed all the places I've lived. I listed them like a page ago. You assume that people that are from somewhere never go out and see the world- I wonder why that is? Is it because that's your situation?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Yeah. And I guess Chicago Council on International Affairs is like UN. Or better
The UN isn't worth much, but don't get me started- I have a masters in IR.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,929,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
eurous, I really hope they get it (I know they won't, city's transportation system is not up to the task first of all) as it would be a great opportunity to expose this city's impotence. All this big Chicago talk while they can't even get their streets to look like normal city streets where instead you have potholes the size of Geo Metro, most of them from the previous winter.
Olympics in Chicago would be a logistics nightmare and a big spectacle on how to syphon public money to private pockets. After all, this is Chicago where corruption is a generally accepted aspect of reality.
Too bad they won't get it.
Thought you might enjoy this read regarding potholes. Looks like NYC is ranked right up there.

ABC News: Potholes Cost Drivers Millions in Car Repairs

Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,774,016 times
Quote:
In chronological order, I've lived in Chicago; Madison, WI; San Luis Obispo, CA; New Orleans; New York; Columbia, SC; Richmond, VA; Seattle, WA; Seoul, ROK; Monterey, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Angelo, TX; Fayetteville, NC; Honolulu, HI. I've visited virtually any place in the US you can imagine outside of Houston (only major city I've never hit) and some of the middle plains states, Maine/NH, and Alaska. Weekends in Santa Barbara or La Jolla, trips to Boulder, spring breaks in South Padre, weddings in downtown Savannah, etc. I've spent considerable time on business in Europe (mostly Brussels, but also Berlin, Paris, Lyon, and London), Asia (Taipei, Beijing, Tokyo), and of course the Middle East with Qatar, Kuwait City, Baghdad, and Kabul. I've stepped foot on every continent aside from Antarctica.

Chicago is my favorite place, pretty easily. Seattle is up there, though, and Monterey is the best small town I've ever spent time in and the only one I could imagine living in. Honolulu is nice, too. New York is a fun place, but it never really jumped to the front of any lines for me in my mind. Sorry.
Ew.

Whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM

292 posts, read 956,847 times
Chicago is about to be passed up by Miami. Very soon- theyre saying by 2012

Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Ew.

Whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, that's kinda the point. There's no objective answer, because to me (and my very experienced opinion- as experienced as you if not more so, and definitely more experienced than dementor) New York is a nice stand-in for Chicago but that's about it.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,578 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's kinda the point. There's no objective answer, because to me (and my very experienced opinion- as experienced as you if not more so, and definitely more experienced than dementor) New York is a nice stand-in for Chicago but that's about it.
I bet you have seen most of these places. On TV.... Nice going Lucas but try again.

Chosing Chicago over Paris? Eww.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Yeah, in the military and the NSA, they usually have you sit at home in Chicago. You can ask for an IP check and ask why anyone in their right mind would be in Fayetteville, NC, wikipedia it, and figure out why. Then wait a week and see me in Chicago, then wait another week and see me back home in Hawaii.

Except I'm sure you don't know a lot about IP checks, or you wouldn't have claimed you were in Chicago when you were in Brooklyn. Anyway, sorry kid, I have a lot more experience in the world than you do. You just look dumb when you try to act like someone's whole world is Chicago when they haven't lived there in almost a decade, and have been on six continents since then. And you try to preach about internationality. Christ, you're over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City