Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,630,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
I think hes losing it. Acussing me of being BigLake. Wow. Im the one who goes for NY. Have you been paying attention to this forum? WOW its gotten down to the point where people babble about being other people Its like someone is trying to tear us down
I feel some responsibilty for driving dementor insane. Although, of course that was the initial plan, now that it's come true, I do feel a bit accountable. However, I have to spread the blame across three or four posters because I think I've somehow become Lucas, BigCityGuy and The LordYourGod. I'd apologize, but I'm confused who to apologize to.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:27 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy77 View Post
hahaha

the last few pages were funny to read. Dementor = owned.
Dementor, as well as MOST of the people for NYC make fools of themselves on here. They think because NYC has traditionally been the nations greatest city, unmatched by any other it will always be that way. Sorry but its not. The NYC skyline is a huge concrete wall of brown and gray decaying buildings
WOW! It looks so good!
http://www.davisdaytrips.com/images/LowerManhattan.jpg (broken link)
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

Outside of its size, NYC sucks. You just cant admit that. I'll admit Chicago has TERRIBLE potholes, I'll admit the public transportation isn't as good as it COULD be, but it kills you to say that the Skyline of New York isn't better than Chicago's.

I don't think 1000+ brown and gray buildings looks good, but IF you somehow still manage to think so after seeing that, you have zero right to say anything NEGATIVE about Chicago's. Give us all the compliments you want .

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
But that NYC public transportation is just **** though. Much better than Chicago's and it's not close. Let's give dementor that and maybe show a picture of the ESB in memorial for the total ass-whooping he's been given (and probably will continue to take, as he'll post again under one of his names, he just can't help it).

ESB, which is a wonderful work of urban art and a gravestone of sorts as well:

http://sparklejet.typepad.com/exuberance/images/2005-02-Empire-State-Building.jpg (broken link)

RIP dementor/eurous1's dignity and respect from others.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,630,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Dementor, as well as MOST of the people for NYC make fools of themselves on here. They think because NYC has traditionally been the nations greatest city, unmatched by any other it will always be that way. Sorry but its not. The NYC skyline is a huge concrete wall of brown and gray decaying buildings
WOW! It looks so good!

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

Outside of its size, NYC sucks. You just cant admit that. I'll admit Chicago has TERRIBLE potholes, I'll admit the public transportation isn't as good as it COULD be, but it kills you to say that the Skyline of New York isn't better than Chicago's.

I don't think 1000+ brown and gray buildings looks good, but IF you somehow still manage to think so after seeing that, you have zero right to say anything NEGATIVE about Chicago's. Give us all the compliments you want .
Spire: I'm confused. You with us or or are you against us? Remember the Chicago membership seeekritt plan? No? You know, the one to take over the world? Right? C'mon, stick with it.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,741 times
LOL @ "NYC sucks". You poor uncultured thing.

NYC is a fabulous city, and the skyline is amazing, the architecture is spectacular. The poster 'Spire' is in the minority when he boldy proclaims NYC's skyline is nothing but gray buildings, since according to all the polls re: New York vs. Chicago's skyline, guess who wins? That's right, the Big Apple.

You see, I could pull up a photograph of Chicago, such as this:

And what do we see? A catastrophic mess of gray, bland buildings, empty spaces and general unattractiveness that we could find in....I don't know, Houston.

In any case, I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Spire, TheLordIsOurSavior (or whatever)/LucasS6 live in Chicago. To them, their sad excuse for a park surpasses Central Park and their town even tops even Paris when it comes to grand architecture. What do you expect? They live in the middle of the United States surrounded by cows and farms so I honestly don't blame them for their low-class provincial views and general lack of taste.

Oh, you silly Chicagoans. Cest' la vie!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM

156 posts, read 331,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
LOL @ "NYC sucks". Poor thing.

NYC is a fabulous city, and the skyline is amazing, the architecture is spectacular. The poster 'Spire' is in the minority when he boldy proclaims NYC's skyline is nothing but gray buildings, since according to all the polls re: New York vs. Chicago's skyline, guess who wins? That's right, the Big Apple.

You see, I could pull up a photograph of Chicago, such as this:

And what do we see? A catastrophic mess of gray, bland buildings, empty spaces and general unnatractiveness that we could find in....I don't know, Houston.

In any case, I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Spire, TheLordIsOurSavior (or whatever)/LucasS6 live in Chicago. To them, their sad excuse for a park surpasses Central Park and their town even tops even Paris when it comes to grand architecture. What do you expect? They live in the middle of the United States surrounded by cows and farms so I honestly don't blame them for their low-class provincial views and general lack of taste.
Oh, you silly Chicagoans. Cest' la vie!

You're quite the masochist, aren't you? You've been geating a beat-down all afternoon, and then you come back for more.

Kids. Sometimes they never learn.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
WOW! It looks so good!

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

With pics like that but hey thats how you want to play the game. Calm Down! Waht you want us to dye the colors of the material of the buildings to a rainbow.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordYourGod View Post
You're quite the masochist, aren't you? You've been geating a beat-down all afternoon, and then you come back for more.

Kids. Sometimes they never learn.
Have you nothing to add to this conversation?

Your silly views seem to be in the keeping with the Chicagoans I come across (on this forum especially); crass, small-town, and unexposed. Sometimes I wonder why I even bothering venturing from the coasts of the United States.

I find it (very) mildly amusing that you're under the assumption that I have the time to post and troll under dementor to defend a city that everyone knows is the Holy Grail of all cities but I am very curious if you have anything to add to this conversation.

Do you?

Old 03-05-2009, 04:07 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,065,071 times
For me I would choose Chicago. It is closer to me. Is much more "real"(IMO) and family friendly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City