Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
1. Chicago is and always will be more modern than NYC.

2. Dementor has beat no one down. Notice how HE took a quick break from his account and switched to Euros for a little
Right, buddy. Do not flatter yourself thinking that I would go through so much trouble for your amusement.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:59 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,273 times
The fact that the AIA has judged Chicago to be the city with the best architecture must be quite a bitter pill for some to swallow. I've always thought Chicago was beautiful and had great architecture, and it's nice to have that affirmed by those in the know (architects).

Old 03-28-2009, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,342 times
Why do Chicagaoans have such a short-man complex? Jesus, just accept that you will forever live in New York's (and LA's) shadows and move on with your life!!!!! You don't see people in Waco Texas claiming that they are "better" than Tokyo or London, do you?

The ONLY things I hear from Midwesterners/Chicagaoans are:

1. Chicago is "cleaner" than New York. Well, Colorado Springs is cleaner than Paris. ....OK? And?

2. New York is too expensive and overcrowded. Chicago is cheap and empty because nobody wants to live there. Look at the terrible population decline. Simple supply and demand.

3. The American Institute of Architects thinks Chicago has the best buildings (simply because they are more "green", I should add). So? Forbes thinks Chicago is miserable. City-Data.com users think New York has better architecture. Most importantly, Eurous1 thinks New York has better architecture and that's all that matters.

Now go enjoy ****tcago and stop obsessing over NYC.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Why do Chicagaoans have such a short-man complex? Jesus, just accept that you will forever live in New York's (and LA's) shadows and move on with your life!!!!! You don't see people in Waco Texas claiming that they are "better" than Tokyo or London, do you?

The ONLY things I hear from Midwesterners/Chicagaoans are:

1. Chicago is "cleaner" than New York. Well, Colorado Springs is cleaner than Paris. ....OK? And?

2. New York is too expensive and overcrowded. Chicago is cheap and empty because nobody wants to live there. Look at the terrible population decline. Simple supply and demand.

3. The American Institute of Architects thinks Chicago has the best buildings (simply because they are more "green", I should add). So? Forbes thinks Chicago is miserable. City-Data.com users think New York has better architecture. Most importantly, Eurous1 thinks New York has better architecture and that's all that matters.

Now go enjoy ****tcago and stop obsessing over NYC.
I will speak for myself, because I don't know who you are speaking to. I have never (not once) bashed NYC. Not once. All I have done is defend Chicago - never bashed. In looking over your post, I don't think it's me who needs to stop obsessing. Both cities have great architecture - I can admit it. I just prefer one - you prefer another. I have not stooped to bashing.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:52 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,926 times
Your post made his blood pressure rising fast

When the kid goes back to his usual rants, he shows his color

I've seen quite a few folks with a deep inferiority complex, who hide behind the name NYC. How pathetic !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
The fact that the AIA has judged Chicago to be the city with the best architecture must be quite a bitter pill for some to swallow. I've always thought Chicago was beautiful and had great architecture, and it's nice to have that affirmed by those in the know (architects).

Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post

I've seen quite a few folks with a deep inferiority complex, who hide behind the name NYC. How pathetic !!
Sounds like someone who previously got a beat down from Dementor, maybe?......

Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM

Really? One should not act like he has a chip on his shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Sounds like someone who previously got a beat down from Dementor, maybe?......

Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Well that's an opinion and so far we haven't seen any officially released document by AIA... Do you know of any?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post

I would believe this "down to earth Midwestern" BS if I haven't heard Chicagoans belittle other cities like Des Moines or Houston... The Olympics haven't happen yet and most likely will not happen in Chicago at all yet Chicagoans already use this future and iffy event as a reason to gloat. Talking about inferiority complex....

Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 PM

Dude, listen up.. go back and finish your homework. School is more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
I would believe this "down to earth Midwestern" BS if I haven't heard Chicagoans belittle other cities like Des Moines or Houston... The Olympics haven't happen yet and most likely will not happen in Chicago at all yet Chicagoans already use this future and iffy event as a reason to gloat. Talking about inferiority complex....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City