Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM

297 posts, read 476,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Oh great, now I have to defend the Sacramento valley too!

GraniteBay1

GraniteBay2

Folsom1

Folsom2

FairOaks/Orangevale

EastSacramento

LandPark

...Those look like total s***holes too!!! Truth is, there are good and bad parts throughout the entire country. It's never smart to generalize about pretty much anything.

I went to Cal middle school , in Land Park. And I once lived in in the Marconi area (Carmichael).

Del Paso Heights, and Oak Park are as bad as here.

Never been to Granite Bay, but I know where it is. Used to take Douglas all the time to head into Roseville.
There's a place called Sky Susi in El Dorado Hills.
https://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1...ed=0CCYQ8gEwAA

Used to work there. Believe it or not, for how nice El Dorado Hills is, there's some Ghetto @ss apartments deep in there. LOL !

I only said The Bay area is better, is because the PEOPLE in the Bay.

No need to defend Sac's housing areas.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
The best vantage point of the Phoenix skyline is heading west on the loop 202 freeway from Tempe/ASU you can see the whole linear spread of both downtown and midtown which is something of a 4 mile stretch along Central Ave. There are some vacant lots along Central Ave that seem to be infilling with midrise residential development now that they have the light rail line in place. I wonder if at some point they may erect taller buildings in Midtown at the northern end of Central Ave as its not so much in the flight path up around there. It could become somewhat like Peachtree St. in Atlanta in the way that is developing around their midtown area.
Oh I love that spot on the 202!

And seeing the San Jose pictures on the first slide... is it really that bad?? and I thought Phoenix was bad!

Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,503 times
San Jose just because its proximity to San Fran and Oakland. I really don't find anything appealing about Phoenix.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM

5 posts, read 7,012 times
San Jose is on nobody's radar as a top 10 sized city.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendorz View Post
San Jose is on nobody's radar as a top 10 sized city.
Thank you for contributing so much constructive information to this conversation. Did you set up an account on this forum just so you could say that?

Actually, as the largest city in Silicon Valley, I'm pretty sure it's on quite a few peoples' radars. It's amazing how many people from around the world relocate there every year...but you're right it's on nobody's radar.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:16 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
I have to laugh at being totally repulsed by those street views. He picked a few addresses adjacent to empty or industrial lots amidst blocks and blocks of old bungalows and small businesses. One of them even has a new housing structure being built, and another shows a lot that just became a new auto parts store. None are even that far from Naglee Park, with $1,000,000+ homes.

omg so hood!!!!!!112

Old 01-24-2014, 04:06 PM

58 posts, read 82,500 times
Pheonix wins but I would much rather live in san jose.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM

11 posts, read 12,227 times
Phoenix has the whole height limitation issue, but in actuallity downtown has midrises and highrises for miles down Central. It is a pretty nice city. The Metro area is about 4.5 million people, and it seems as if the majority of our city is 60s-80s John F. Long home's (Inner City) and modern suburban McMansions (Dr Horton, Centex, Pulte, Shea, etc.) But in all honesty it's beautiful. One thing we're dealing with is being one of the most polluted U.S cities, even worse than L.A, and high crime rates, being an extremely large metro area, "driving across town" can take an hour or two depending on traffic. But we have a growing economy, experiencing another smaller housing boom, have heavily upper-middle class suburbs. We have many high-end shopping centers (Arrowhead Towne Centre, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Desert Ridge, Prasada [Being built], and more.) So all-in-all this is a great place to live.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
San Jose just because its proximity to San Fran and Oakland. I really don't find anything appealing about Phoenix.
We're on the same page.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:50 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Phoenix has a better skyline than San Jose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City