Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Jersey or Long Island
North Jersey 208 62.28%
Long Island 126 37.72%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
No, because beaches in NJ aren't in NNJ, so it would be going off topic therefore you should make a 7th account and discuss it on the NJ beaches Vs NY beaches thread..

Are people supposed to kiss the feet of the creators of all these lists?
You're relying on lists as back up too, then make duplicate accounts to further back them up... It's a sign of insanity.
gasp! is mammamia Rachael?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,340,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I highly doubt that, she didn't have a problem with Jersey iirc.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:54 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,823,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I don't think so... I hope not!
It all started with Strivingnow --> abracadabra02 --> Tony2Tone --> Possibly Termacd --> mammamia01

There was another name too, but the comments were deleted.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I highly doubt that, she didn't have a problem with Jersey iirc.
Did you see the first page of the thread?
I doubt it's her though.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
My daughter is not on CD anymore. A former poster was stalking her.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:23 PM

528 posts, read 1,185,743 times
...wow quite the conspiracy theories going on.
My post is back to the garden state parkway (correction) Ending in my town - Nanuet NY or not.
roads are physical things that have a continuing lane until it ends somewhere. What people choose to name it is their prerogative. Therefore, the same road that is called the garden state parkway ends in my town, not Montvale, where the border is and the name changes!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
My post is back to the garden state parkway (correction) Ending in my town - Nanuet NY or not.
roads are physical things that have a continuing lane until it ends somewhere. What people choose to name it is their prerogative. Therefore, the same road that is called the garden state parkway ends in my town, not Montvale, where the border is and the name changes!
By that logic, Nanuet is part of NJ.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:49 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
Exit 14A on the New York State Thruway (I-87 & I-287) has a exit sign "Garden State Parkway...New Jersey".

I checked it out and I believe officially the part in Rockland County is called the Garden State Parkway CONNECTOR. Its run by the NYS Thruway system. However, a Hagstrom Atlas I have (Rockland-Orange-Ulster Counties) shows the part in Rockland County as the Garden State Parkway EXTENSION.

I am willing to bet most people just call it the Garden State Pkwy. Nobody mentioned it but the Palisades Interstate Parkway is in both states.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
By that logic, Nanuet is part of NJ.

I thought it ended in Spring Valley

Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 PM

9 posts, read 7,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Does LI have mountains?
Can you snowboard and/or ski in LI?

The Delaware Water Gap alone attracts millions a year.

I'm ok with being a little over an hour, if not less from the shore.
~

I really like Del Water Gap but on the Penna side. Especially since you know what starts almost right after. Of coure LI does not have mountains, after all it is just two counties in NYS, nevertheless this tiny LI has a beach that is considered the best in the US and one that is visited by more people than any other beach in the US. (Jones Beach).
LI, although very small is really picturesque with very old towns, beautiful beaches, wineries and lighthouses. Of course tiny LI can not offer the variety of much larger NNJ yet is a true gem, appreciated by some of the richest people in the world: owners of properties in the Hamptons.

I don't think it is fair to compare nine of so counties of Northern New Jersey to just two counties of LI, if you want a valid comparison compare it to the entire geographical Long Island which includes Kings and Queens counties of NYC or to the entire Hudson Valley...

Six accounts. Funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City