Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
^^ yup, there's even a historical link between the 2. from wikipedia:
Yea i read that

what a surprise hah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
You're ignorant... IMO

So what if someone likes Newark, it's nothing to be in awe about. why is it when someone who actually looks beyond the stereotypes and crime you think it's funny and bizarre.

Newark has A LOT to offer, it is one of the countries oldest cities with so much history. It has a major college, a major airport, it has the biggest shipment port in the country, it has tons of jobs for people of all classes, and it's diverse.

"LOL NEWARK???"(in quote of you)
It's like you look down upon it like it's crap.. get a clue.

But to get back on point.. Jersey City and Montclair, NJ are my favorite.. but when it comes to the most important, it's my home of Newark.

I was just in Newark the other day...not very nice. There are plenty of other desirable places to live in the metro area.

Last edited by Rachael84; 04-14-2009 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I was just in Newark the other day...not very nice. It's one thing to have factories, but ones that are such an eye sore make it even worse. The factories there are some of the ugliest ones I've ever seen. Newark isn't exactly a popular choice to live in with metro NYC.
Newark has ugly refineries?? are you serious!?!? Are refineries ever beautiful? those refineries have to run the most populated metro in the country.. so again, you're being ignorant.

and anyway, Newark is not all refineries..

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/PeroneFrmJrsy/2415387038_58f730bdc9.jpg (broken link)

You sound like you have never been in the actual city but on the outskirts of the city on the highways around the airport.
the highways in no way shape or form represent a city.. but you seem very stubborn and naive to believe so.

And don't lie and say you been in the actual city and spent time in it, because you havn't if you're only bringing up refineries in the mix because when your in the city you don;t even notice they're around.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
^Beautiful pics, Newarkbomb!

Don't mind Rachael. She travels about the country with blinders on.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Newark has an unbelievable crime rate. I really don't think anyone would move out of their way to go there. It's more of a last resort if they can't afford other areas. Its crime rates are at an 8 and a 7, compared to 3 which is the national average. Even Paterson, which is also a dangerous and gritty area, has a lower crime rate (6 and 7).

Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Scranton is on the cusp of the NYC MSA, and it is starting to reinvent itself as a satellite city. Stop trying to pretend we don't exist. You now live in the Quad-State Area, as Pike County, PA is now part of your MSA (with Monroe County, PA likely to be added soon), so I laugh when people say "Tri-State Area" simply because they hate Pennsylvania. If you don't want us to be included as "Greater NYC," then stop moving here by the thousands annually!
scranton will NEVER be in the nyc msa or csa.

south jersey and philly would get included before scranton

same goes for you. many kids from rural pa want to move to the REAL nyc metro

you sound like one of them

Old 04-14-2009, 02:36 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
I choose Newark. It's a nice city. NJ is an underrated state.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Newark has an unbelievable crime rate. I really don't think anyone would move out of their way to go there. It's more of a last resort if they can't afford other areas. Its crime rates are at an 8 and a 7, compared to 3 which is the national average. Even Paterson, which is also a dangerous and gritty area, has a lower crime rate (6 and 7).
Hey I have a question. Where does the NYC metropolitan area officially stop? I know it goes to rockland county, but does it go past rockland? What county do you go to, to officially be in upstate NY?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Now let's show the other side to the city. Mmmm, smell that clean air.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
^ you realize that you are making fun of your own metro area right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City