Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
Texas cities 120 59.70%
Florida cities 81 40.30%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:37 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
sorry but no, orlando and san antonio are NOT neck and neck. yes san antonio is pretty up there on entertainment compared to alot of cities in the us, but it is not close to orlando. orlando is in the top 5 vacation destinations of the world, with world class theme park resorts, entertainment, resturants (yes, resturants) conventions, etc..

San Antonio is a top convention, tourist, Military destination in the country. It is also a important business destination but as far as tourisim, Orlando is bigger in that department. Disney World pretty much the reason. San Antonio does have i'ts share of world class theme parks, restuarants, resorts and entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
World class theme parks? Maybe Sea World San Antonio. That's it.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
It is though. Florida may have the more diverse Hispanic population, but Texas is already no slouch in that department. Plus, add in the Asian and Black populations, and the statistics say Texas is more diverse (well, at least Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth).
That's false because there are so many people from all around the globe in Miami alone and small neighborhoods throughout Florida that reflect that....Blacks? All Texas has is Black Americans....Florida has all the blacks from the Caribbean like Haitians, Guyanese, Bahamas, Jamaicans ect...Florida also has a high population compared to Texas of Russians and Europeans and not American/Europeans either

Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
That's false because there are so many people from all around the globe in Miami alone and small neighborhoods throughout Florida that reflect that....Blacks? All Texas has is Black Americans....Florida has all the blacks from the Caribbean like Haitians, Guyanese, Bahamas, Jamaicans ect...Florida also has a high population compared to Texas of Russians and Europeans and not American/Europeans either
Believe what you want. And besides, those Blacks are all in Miami, for the most part.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I bet your in 3rd ward now. I think I know which one your talking about. You talking about on the corner of South Mac Gregor and Scott right??? It's another on Mac Gregor near the bayou. If you are; you live near me now lol

Are those high class areas or middle upper class?...you guys must be doing good for yourselves man....Those houses are nice

Old 07-22-2010, 05:54 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
I am from the Caribbean, and Miami does have a larger Caribbean presence than Houston, but Houston is no slouch in that department either. Huge eastern Caribbean pop (including lots of Trinis) here, also lots of Haitian and Jamaicans.

We also have the bigger Nigerian population, and big Ethiopian and Congolese population.

I would say about a 3rd of Houston's blacks are 1st or 2nd gen foreign black

Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Believe what you want. And besides, those Blacks are all in Miami, for the most part.
Nah....they are all up in Orlando too...I know because I just moved from there

Old 07-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Are those high class areas or middle upper class?...you guys must be doing good for yourselves man....Those houses are nice
I live in Riverside Terrace and Houses in this area go from 200k to over a million.

Lots are huge here. Most are over 6K square feet and I have seen a couple of houses that are over 10k sq feet.

It is sandwich between two not so nice neighborhoods though

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
I'm sure Texas has Spanish style homes, I never said it doesn't. But that style started out in FL. Hence the reason a lot of people call them Florida style homes. I can post links to them too.. Plus a lot of the ones you guys posted looked liked regular suburban homes just with tile roofs, and were in suburban subdivisions lol, any developer could open a new subdivision with those style homes anywhere now a days. Here are some in FL, where they are much more common, and even though there are tons of subdivisions full of those homes, here are some that are in traditional neighborhoods...

South FL

Google Maps

Tampa

Google Maps

Orlando

Google Maps

And its not just neighborhoods that have that architecture, even a lot of town here have it..

Google Maps

Old 07-22-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Nah....they are all up in Orlando too...I know because I just moved from there
My uncle just moved to Orlando. His family are eastern caribbean islanders slightly mixed with Panamanian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City