Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Philly or NYC
Philly 20 25.64%
NYC 58 74.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times

Advertisements

So now it's about mutual respect. So NYers will not admit their city is better? Are you telling me they will say Philly and NYC is on the same level? BTW, Chicago is NYC little brother....not Philly or Boston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I agree with you except on the field of play (Eagles, Redsox etc..).
LOL, sports is another story all together, Go Phillies, Go Eagles, Go Sixers, Go Flyers, (and soon) Go Union

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
Chicago is NYC little brother....not Philly or Boston
Chicago is the big brother to other midwestern cities like St. Louis and Milwaukee. It is not part of the Northeast, its a midwestern city.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:42 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
So now it's about mutual respect. So NYers will not admit their city is better? Are you telling me they will say Philly and NYC is on the same level? BTW, Chicago is NYC little brother....not Philly or Boston
Not saying that Philly is in the level of NYC, because no city can top NYC. Just saying that Philly is a great city. What I am saying is that in the North you can find more cities that are better than in the South.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 PM

156 posts, read 378,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I agree with you except on the field of play (Eagles, Redsox etc..).
I'm sure they'll miss each other if rivalries are not as hot as they want to be (ie: one of the team stunk hard like the Mets ). They're like brothers: fighting out if they're getting too close, missing each other if one of teams isn't what it used to be.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:45 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Lol...... Have you been to the mentioned cities? Chicago is a completely different city... Cities in the NE are cut from a similar mold and share more with each other and much more similar than Chicago. Chicago is not NYCs little brother and is a very different kind of city. NYers will admit our city is better, but NYC is better than all American cities. We just think that Philly is also a great city and much more desirable than those faux cities ( like ATL) that are nothing more than a sprawling mess.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Of course Philadelphia is not on the level of New York, but neither is any other city in North America. But cities like Philadelphia and Boston have more in common with New York then anything in the south. What is wrong with all of us being proud of being from the Northeast? I can truly say I admire all the major Northeast cities and felt right at home in the Philadelphia metro area when I moved from the NYC metro area.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
I'm sure they'll miss each other if rivalries are not as hot as they want to be (ie: one of the team stunk hard like the Mets ). They're like brothers: fighting out if they're getting too close, missing each other if one of teams isn't what it used to be.
Mets stink.... The Redsox and Eagles do as well regardless of their records.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Philly beat Atlanta in what?

First of all

1) Atlanta is growing, Philly is stagnant
2) Atlanta job scene is much better
3) Atlanta has the better airport
4) Atlanta's projected job growth is better than Philly
5) Atlanta is the most important city in the SE...Did Philly even make the top 5 in the NE? maybe
6) Atlanta is known more across the world vs. Philly...DO we need to start a poll in the World forum?
1). Atlanta is newer its supposed to grow. Philly is maxed out, there is no room in the city left to grow, its been maxed out for 50 years, zero chance for annexation. The Philly suburbs are anti development and for good reason. Out of 3200 counties in the usa the 4 Philly PA suburban counties are top 100 wealthiest. 3 of them are top 40, 2 top 30. They dont want Atlantas entry level job growth.

2) Philadelphia is established/content. Atlanta is climbing up the ladder, hungry for new job growth. In 100 years Atlnata will be established and some jackals from New Atlanta, Tennessee will be on city data.com ragging on Atlanta about how you are dead city and they are the present and the future.

3) Who cares

4) see above

5) Is that sort of like being the biggest midget in the circus?.... Philadephia has the 2nd largest economy in the NE, 4th biggest in the USa according to the last official census data.

6) No offense but You are out of your tree

Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth>TheSouth View Post
Philly might be third in the northeast behind nyc and boston. But, if philly was in the south then it would be a clear #1
What is the criteria being used that has Philadelphia behind Boston? Other than popularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City